1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's pretty big since Vincent is incredibly well-respected by the other players. I'd go as far as to say he's probably one of the best-liked and well-respected players in the league in the last 20 years.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

That is pretty interesting. Vincent is a stand-up guy as far as I can tell, so it's no surprise he was cool with it. But what's more interesting is that no one else apparently had an issue with it either.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good lord, that's a hell of an assumption. You got anything besides a wild, shot in the dark accusation?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

In Mark's world you don't joke about something like that!

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The 80s were awesome in so many ways.

That ain't one of them.

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

Long ago (yes, in the '80s), I covered an NFL team that included a linebacker everyone knew/assumed was gay. No one ever said anything about it and he seemed to be accepted just fine by the other players. And, obviously, it was never reported.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Did the guy ever say anything publicly or to the media?

I suspect there have been gay athletes for a long time, but most just choose not to say anything or make an issue of it.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

No.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Of course there have been many. But the interesting thing to me, especially in the media-saturated world we have now, that none of the TEAMMATES have made an issue of it. Or maybe some of them have, and it wasn't reported because it was just rumor/hearsay.

Draft saved Draft deleted