1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Dec 30, 2013.

1. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I just listened to Foley talk about this on the Steve Austin Show. He failed two different concussion tests and couldn't get cleared to wrestle. Mick said he has problems with his short term memory.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Knowing all the chairshots he absorbed BEFORE the infamous I Quit match with The Rock at the Rumble in 1999(?) there is no doubt in anyone's mind that he's going to have a lot of issues going forward. They're just now really starting to pop up.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If I remember right, it was Flair who told Foley he'd be in a wheelchair before he was 30. Except for the years, he may sadly end up being right.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Episodes of The Monday Night War should be not be binge-watched. I did three to catch up, and it feels like I'm watching the same clips over and over for three hours. Each episode seems to have a theme, but every week it's like the theme takes a complete trip from the start of the war to the end of WCW. It's why I stopped watching Countdown. Same clips over and over and over.

Meanwhile, Beyond the Ropes is adding more documentaries. The Roddy Piper and Jeff Hardy DVD docs are now available. I'm not sure what the waiting period is for new ones. I read that the Paul Heyman documentary is stellar, but it just came out on Blu/DVD.

5. Baron Scicluna

Just finished watching the first disc of the Heyman documentary. It's on Youtube, but the image is reversed in terms of lettering being backwards and stuff.

One word to describe it, though: Wow.

6. Baron Scicluna

From what I saw on Raw, there wasn't much tonight. I kept flipping away because it couldn't hold my interest. Same old "Will Cena keep believing himself and beat the odds?" Stuff hat's been going on for 11 years.

7. Bradley Guire

I was enthralled by how laughably bad the Bella segments are becoming.

8. Baron Scicluna

In Nikki wasn't with Cena (if it's still the case), I'd almost think the segments are being designed to suck on purpose to troll Bryan fans.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It does kind of make me wonder why they were kind of quick to turn Nikki though. I mean, they had to have known that the twins are still kind of shaky on the mic and just in general. It probably would have helped to have them tease out the tension a bit longer, and to have Stephanie involved for longer. Maybe do something similar to the Sid Justice-Hogan feud, where he didn't immediately turn on Hogan. Instead, he did things like simmer on the apron during tag matches and refuse to tag in before fully turning heel.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Nikki isn't horrible on the mic, I don't think at least. But Brie's acting is ... well. It's shit.

Bringing AJ and Paige out actually saved the bit, to a point, I thought.

The staredown between AJ and Steph was OK in my book too.

11. Baron Scicluna

I did chuckle when A.J greeted Steph with, "Hi, Bosslady."

12. Bradley Guire

"I've never told anyone" is the wrestling meme fad right now.

http://www.memegene.net/character/nikki-bella-confession

Draft saved Draft deleted