1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How he finally met the mother (Season 9)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Sep 23, 2013.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'll repeat, once again, that they spent an entire episode of the final season trying to see if they could write the whole script in a rhyme.
    An entire episode.
    Of the final season.
    Trying to see if they could write the whole script in a rhyme.
    Let that sink in for a minute.

Anyone who gives these guys a pass and says they didn't have enough time to write a series finale that would please everyone can go right ahead and f**k themselves too.
    Worst. Finale. Ever.
    Ever.
    At least Lost gave me the bullshit tug at my heartstrings ending that, upon reflection, made zero sense but worked at the time.
    This was an abortion from the moment the it hit the airwaves.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I liked the rhyming episode.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I am glad I never watched a single episode of this show.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I liked it too. It was 100 times better than the final slap episode. Despite the appearance of 3/4 of Boyz 2 Men.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm glad you didn't as well.

7. Vombatus

I'm getting to where I watch less and less TV the older I get.

Can't stand most shows, hate the news. Live sports ok, but the endless talking head shows, no.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This really is one of the silliest, most obnoxious things people do on this board. Jump in on a thread about a television show just to say how happy they are that they don't watch it. There is no other point to this other than to be snide. It's not as if you have a valid opinion of a show you don't watch.

And Vomb, sorry if that sounds personal, but it really is not. Plenty of posters do this. I just never understood the point.

9. Vombatus

My point was too succinct. What I meant was I am glad I didn't spend several seasons watching it only for it to have a pretty sorry finale. Sounds like most people were disappointed.

10. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I started watching the series on Netflix shortly after the Mad Men finale. I'm down to the final three episodes. Frankly, I've enjoyed it. Just about all of it. But then, I take great pleasure in endless plays on words, the cornier the better.

Fave so far is Girls vs. Suits where NPH does the big musical number at the end. Really liked the one with the Knight Templar, too.

One thing I've noticed about binge-watching is that I find recurring lines from the show (and it's not just HIMYM) popping into my head with greater frequency than from shows I watched as they were released. I think Big Bang Theory on the whole is funnier than HIMYM, but I don't remember BBT lines staying constantly staying with me. Binge-watched the first two seasons and have followed the TV schedule for the rest of it.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Honestly, the best thing you can do now is to just stop watching and you might remember the show fondly.

Draft saved Draft deleted