1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ten Dumbest Fan Bases in America

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Sep 17, 2013.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If it didn't take 3 nanoseconds to come up with "Philadelphia," you weren't even trying.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They're dicks, but they're not dumb.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Criteria isn't bad fans, the criteria is dumb fans. Oakland has to win this one, based solely on the amount of morons who treat it like it's a KISS concert.

4. Mizzougrad96

Dallas and Oakland are probably the two "dumbest" NFL cities. Oakland seems a little less dumb these days because the fans know they suck.

Still, if you're comparing them to SEC schools, it's not even in the same stratosphere.

If we're talking college football only, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, Tennessee have to be on that list. Then, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon, then maybe you take your pick from the Texas and Oklahoma schools.

If basketball is included, Kentucky jumps to the top of the list.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'd put Pitt fans on the list, but the fanbase is so Boston College-like in size I don't know if it's worth it.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It reads more like a list of obnoxious fan bases than dumb ones, but I guess insulting the intelligence of the fans is a better way to troll, which is exactly what the Outkick the Coverage is doing here.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but the correct answer is the Big 10 because there are TWELVE FUCKING TEAMS this year, 14 teams next year and 15 teams in 2015 (Johns Hopkins joins the BIG## for Lax)

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

When you commemorate 9-11 for being Bear Bryant's birthday rather than the murders of 3,000 Americans in a terrorist attack your are delusional and STUPID

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trolling for clicks is no way to go through life.

10. Mizzougrad96

Right. As I said above, it's hard to seem "dumb" when you're winning titles in most years.

But when one of your fans poisons a pair of trees over a football rivalry, I can see the other side of the argument as well... :D

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So the dumbest fan base in America is the Big 10 fan base?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Eh, in this case, if the dumbshits of the college football Interwebs are going to fall for it every time, fuck 'em.

Draft saved Draft deleted