1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ten Dumbest Fan Bases in America

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Sep 17, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-ten-dumbest-fan-bases-in-america-4-arkansas-.php

Clay Travis is doing a mediocre Drew Magary impersonation with this list, but it's still decent. Only the top 3 are left. Any guesses as to which schools/teams will be there?

I'm assuming he's going to list Alabama number 1. Ohio State, Auburn, Kentucky are also options for the top 3. Maybe LSU?

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

He's including NFL fanbases in there, too. Trying to think of who could be worse than the Steelers, Cowboys and Raiders...Jets? Eagles?

3. JackReacher

I can see maybe one more NFL fan base being included. Eagles would be my guess, if any. Based on his Twitter feed, I feel like Bama and Ohio State will be in the top 3. The other will go Eagles or Auburn/Kentucky, I bet.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If the SEC doesn't have the top eight spots, the list is wrong.

Oregon is a bunch of fuckheads, too.

5. JackReacher

Yeah. I was surprised to see he included NFL teams. Figured the SEC alone could handle most, if not all, of it.

6. I'd guess Penn State, Philly Eagles and Alabama.

Though I agree any list that doesn't contain at least seven SEC teams is fail.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

From a college standpoint, it should be almost every team in the SEC, combined with Oregon, Ohio State and Penn State.

I actually think of the good SEC schools, LSU has pretty good fans, at least ones that aren't as delusional as Bama, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, etc...

8. Mizzougrad96

If you're comparing delusional NFL fans vs. delusional college fans, it's not even in the same ballpark. I'm trying to think of fans in NFL cities that are really bad... None are on the same level as Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee ...

9. Mizzougrad96

Maybe Alabama gets a pass because they're actually correct now that they can win the title every season.

Auburn would be my No. 1.

10. JackReacher

I'd be shocked if Alabama isn't No. 1 on his list. As it should be.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is it only football? I'd put Kentucky hoops #1.

12. Mizzougrad96

They'd be No. 1 or No. 2 on my list. I get the feeling this is football only.

Draft saved Draft deleted