1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Whether it's Heigl or not, I don't buy her character having that much influence in State of Affairs. I figure the briefer is typically just a messenger, kind of like a waiter at a restaurant.
    Madame Secretary has gotten better, particularly with the flashbacks - having Tim Daly do some "ops" is an interesting way to get him more involved.
    Caught up with How To Get Away with Murder. I don't know if it's a plus or a minus to have an actress with Viola Davis' skills in the midst of such a pulpy plot. I think I finally have all the characters and relationships figured out (for now).

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think I was sweating by the end of Heigl's first episode. It was that frenetic, and not in a good way.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Rachel McAdams and Taylor Kitsch officially in for True Detective Season 2. Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell had previously been announced:

http://www.hitfix.com/news/hbo-makes-it-official-rachel-mcadams-and-taylor-kitsch-join-true-detective

4. DanOregon

So the case will once again be about how the lead actors can find out what happened to their once-promising careers?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Does anybody still watch Grey's? The wife was watching it on DVR last night and the background music was so loud she couldn't understand a lot of the dialogue.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That's how Shonda wants it. You're less likely to notice her recycling dialog.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

We have Prime Time Anytime on Dish which records every network show on during prime time. I always laugh when I delete Grey's Anatomy. It's amazing that it's still on. I watched it for awhile, but it's been at least 6-7 years since I've seen it.

That said, I never miss Scandal. :)

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm quickly tiring of Scandal. Olivia is too easily manipulated and duped.

9. DanOregon

I'm kind of surprised they haven't brought in some new "Gladiators." They've lost two regulars since the show debuted. Some fresh characters would help it. The triangle is getting kind of boring. Joe Morton and Josh Malina are probably the best things about the show.

10. joe

joe Active Member

Wife and I just burned through the first four seasons of Downton Abbey. Yeah, you could say we're fans.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I have given up on Resurrection. Got five episodes behind and didn't like it enough to invest that much time. I certainly didn't want to hate-watch it like The Leftovers.

I had enjoyed Manhattan Love Story, which became the season's first cancelled show. Analeigh Tipton is so easy to like.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Kind of enjoying Arrow this season more than last season anyway. Felicity Smoak, Emily Brett Rickards, is hot.

Like The Flash too. Don't remember the comic books so much ahving Barry Allen by such a youngster.

Draft saved Draft deleted