1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

We're liking "Scorpion." Only complaint is sometimes they talk too fast and it's hard to understand them ... but we probably couldn't understand what they're saying anyway.
    Somehow, Katherine McPhee went from just another pretty girl to ... WOW. I can't keep my eyes off her.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Does anyone else watch Hell On Wheels? I still really like this show.

Just erased Longmire and Arrow from the DVR after each having 5 unwatched episodes for months and months

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, she was that in "Smash." A lot of people just couldn't get past the show not being what it could have.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Wife is a big Hell on Wheels fan. The episode from two weeks back really stunned her she said.

5. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Watched the first two eps. Not taken with it so much. Does it seem like a different version of the Big Bang Theory premise? Hot girl navigating nerdy misfits through society and translating life to them. Also, why are they called Scorpion? I don't think I've even heard that reference made in the show yet.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The real-life guy it's based on, Walter O'Brien, has a company called Scorpion Computer Services.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I haven't watched Hell on Wheels since the end of the first season. I really wish AMC had never moved it from its Sunday lineup.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I do have to say that while the Lilly character on Modern Family was nothing more than annoying as about a 3-year-old, I'm really starting to enjoy the biting comments she makes to Cam and Mitchell. Her "play nice" comment at the start of tonight's show was really well-delivered and perfect.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZag1zlecGI

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Last night's episode was really good.

11. Second season was pretty scattershot (the writers moved Bohannon away from the revenge angle and onto the railroad construction). I really enjoyed the third season, both of which are on Netflix.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

With the exception of the Claire-Phil house, for me the show is super stale. I laugh every now and then at the Jay-Gloria dynamic, but it is really the same jokes over and over again.

Draft saved Draft deleted