1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Louis CK as Louis CK.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was underwhelmed. I'm hoping it gets better.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

She handles foreign affairs like some people look into the fridge and figure out what to make for dinner.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Her tits remind me of Albright, though.

5. RecoveringJournalist

I've always liked Leoni, but I don't see her being able to pull this one off.

I have high hopes for Scorpion. I'm cautiously optimistic about Gotham, but I could see it being another one of Fox's high-priced failures.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I kind of liked Leoni's show. I think it might turn out to be a great role for Tim Daly.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Little known fact: Leoni ('94) and Daly ('84) both attended The Putney School in East Vermont. Probably the first time ever Putney produced leads to a primetime show.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just watched the pilot episode of Gotham. It was a decent start and there are some pieces of something better in place, but I'm hoping for a lot better in time.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Coming down the home stretch of the Madame Secretary pilot. First, I don't get all the hatred for Tea Leoni.

I'll be sticking around for a few more episodes.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Entertainment Weekly writes glowingly of the Madame Secretary pilot.

http://community.ew.com/2014/09/22/madam-secretary-pilot-recap-meet-the-madam/

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not to dump on the review, or the reviewer - but the community reviews aren't done by staffers. In a lot of cases, they are superior to those written by staffers because the writers actually enjoy the genre and are more familiar with the show and actors.

The show could have used a two-hour (or 90-minute) premiere. I realize these pilots are done back in March, but it could have used some more room to breathe. I hope they go back with some flashbacks to the two-month time jump from the job offer to when it picks up because there could be some very interesting interactions. Meeting the staff for the first time, confirmation hearings etc. My main concern is that it will be a "crisis of the week" show. Some flashbacks showing how the various staff got to the SofS office, and the SofS who died, could be quite interesting. I like that they're filming it on the East Coast.

12. RecoveringJournalist

I can't imagine he's used that much. One would assume the majority of the action will be taking place at the White House and not her Georgetown home.

I like Daly. He always brings it, but this strikes me as more of a fringe part.

Draft saved Draft deleted