1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Watched episode 1 of Breaking Bad last night. Think I'm going to have a lot of watching ahead.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Oh, yes you will. Enjoy. It's a great ride.

I watched it all in about 10 days starting just after last Christmas. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Intruders - two episodes in. Still unsure.
    The Strain - Just got really interesting last week.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Just started as well. The "Peekaboo" episode in season 2 really bummed me out and I'm having trouble wanting to watch it again. I dunno, I guess it's just too dark for me....that and I have a lot of stuff on my plate now and would rather get it done that zone out and watch 3-in-a-row of BB til 4 in the morning.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The TV Guide Channel has started up with reruns of Wings again so I set the DVR to record them. When great shows are mentioned, no one brings this show up. But I would rather watch reruns of Wings right now than almost any of the other great ones. Funny stuff and a great ensemble cast.

Much as the leading trio of Joe, Brian and Helen are great, the four secondary characters of Lowell, Roy, Antonio and Faye really make the show.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Got my issue of the TV Guide Fall Preview - man, the magazine is shrinking again. It's fun to look back a year from now and think "oh yeah - THAT was a show?

For all the fuss about the "new" View, I find it interesting that the youngest one in the cast is 42 and all four either hail from the SF area or New York.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that New Girl can ever get over the fact that Jess and Nick are still living in the same apartment after they split up, but last night's episode was pretty good.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yeah...lots of good lines. And for how terrible Nick and Jess as a couple was...now we get some good awkward ex-boyfriend advice lines.
    And Jessica Beal is not good for comedies. She was kind of annoying.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

God I love Last Week Tonight. "Or, or, you could put away your magic face-switching machine and just be outrage about the incident as it occurred).

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Colin Farrell confirmed for Season 2 of True Detective:

http://www.hitfix.com/news/colin-farrell-confirms-im-starring-in-true-detective-season-2?hf_exp=social_title_off&title=Colin%20Farrell%20confirms%3A%20I%27m%20starring%20in%20%27True%20Detective%27%20Season%202

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can't ever remember a show lead who was less convincing than Tea Leoni as Secretary of State.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Nathan Lane as a womanizing opera singer?

Draft saved Draft deleted