1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mythbusters must be on its last legs. They dumped the B team - which might have been more popular than the two main hosts.

http://www.eonline.com/news/571864/mythbusters-stars-kari-byron-tory-belleci-and-grant-imahara-are-leaving-the-show

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It's amazing to see how bad the animation was when it started, or at least how much it's changed. There was a certain charm to it though.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"Homer at the Bat" airs at 11:30 a.m. EDT today.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If they bring in "Jr. Mythbusters" that look like Robbie Rist - then we'll know.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I love having the HBO shows on Amazon Prime. I had watched the first season of Treme when it aired, but never got back to it after that. I went back and watched the rest, and am really glad I did. There are so many great scenes and moments throughout. Last night, I started Deadwood. The first episode has me hooked.

Also, while I had watched some of their sketches online, I finally watched the full episodes of the three seasons of Key and Peele and I love it. They're incredibly funny.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I think the greatness of this post probably escapes a lot of the younger crowd.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

David Chase reveals whether Tony Soprano lived or died:

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/27/6006139/did-tony-die-at-the-end-of-the-sopranos

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm rewatching Parenthood Season 1. Sarah was the worst then, too.

But I definitely remember why I got hooked.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Gotten hooked on FX's Thursday comedies ... Married is much better (and much darker, really) than I expected it to be. Then again, I've always been a Judy Greer fan. ... You're the Worst is terrific. Chris Geere and Aya Cash have some pretty dynamite chemistry.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I do love me some Judy Greer. But that's the second show Nat Faxon has ruined for me.

Liked You're the Worst in the first few episodes and kind of got away from it when Garfunkel & Oates/new Portlandia arrived on IFC. Garfunkel & Oates wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I find the two of them engaging.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Good news: http://www.avclub.com/article/hbo-has-commissioned-some-sort-new-flight-conchord-208768

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

From Dusk Till Dawn The Series. Halfway through, pretty decent so far. Less grindhouse and more straight forward in terms of production and tone for Rodriguez.

Can't touch the movie, but that was expected.

Draft saved Draft deleted