1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I've already assumed that nothing can top "Julius Pepperwood, Zombie Detective."

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fallon is very good.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/08/16/jimmy_fallon_house_of_cards_parody_fallon_plays_frank_underwood_in_this.html?wpsrc=fol_fb

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I stopped watching last season and I heard people bitching endlessly about how bad it had gotten. What happened to it?

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

For one thing, a fairly awkward pairing of Zooey and Jake Johnson, which the writers backed away from almost as soon as they initiated it.

You know, I agree. He gives his audience something extra every night. It's hard for me to see how anyone could out-and-out pan him.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

So I am nearing the stretch of Parenthood. I finished episode 12 of last season this afternoon.
    Great writing, great cast...but I hate, hate...HATE Kristina Braverman and was hoping the cancer would win. Hell, I think I even tried to vote for Bob Little!
    I'm looking forward to catching up so I can see the new season week-by-week. Binging on all these have almost become a chore.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Bob Little is a degenerate creep!

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because I've always loved Monica Potter, but hating Kristina is blasphemy to me. ;)

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

She (the character) is such a whiny shrew, IMHO. :)
    I really think Julia is hot (check that...HAWT!), but her character is such a snobby bitch. Maybe I was raised too poor to understand this "middle-class" family.
    I know it's TV and written that way, but if normal people act like that with spouses, I can see why the divorce rate is so high!
    Maybe I missed it, but WTF does Jasmie do for a living? Teach dance? And what did Zeek do after Nam for a job? Has that ever been addressed?
    Also, I get it that Hattie is in college...but how is she never there for big moments? Her mom is running for mayor and she doesn't come home at all the whole time? Even a quick scene where she calls to wish mom luck and she mentions she cast a ballot for her would have worked. And does a mayoral race in a town of 100,000+ have THAT much "to-do" for it to be a central plotline twice?

And just to put this out there: Casey McCall>Adam Braverman!

I know, I know...I seem to be doing nothing but hating on the show...but it's got a charm and I hate to start stuff and never finish it...so here I am. LOL

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

In case you didn't know, FXX is showing every episode of The Simpsons in order. I think it started about an hour ago, so it's still pretty early on.

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'm trying to see if I can fit all of them on the DVR.

I haven't watched regularly in at least five years, so this may change that.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Every Simpsons Ever has begun on FXX. Greatest. Marathon. Ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted