1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Californication is back for the last season. I wouldn't have known about it if Duchovny wasn't on Kimmel a week or two ago...

2. Mizzougrad96

The first episode of Californication was pretty dreadful.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, I pretty much can't miss that.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Dewey Crowe is a fun character, building a season-long plot around his kin (Alicia Witt excepted) was a mistake. Really hoping we get some more Limehouse and Dickie Bennett.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

About a Boy...I know that being a bully is a criminal offense these days, but I'd be wiling to go to jail if it means I could beat the snot out of the overacting boy in this shitshow.

6. Mizzougrad96

I feel the same way about Minnie Driver on that show.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm way behind on TV but prioritized Parenthood's finale. That was one of the very best episodes in show history, though I could've done without Ryan's reappearance.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You know, Vers, I love that show. I absolutely love it.

But I thought Addie's story arc in this one was so predictable. Didn't you see it coming from the time she stepped out of the cab?

I will say, Grandpa passing on the car was a sniff-worthy moment.

9. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

Do you Parenthood fans still watch About A Boy? Crosby showed up - with baby in tow - a couple weeks ago at Will's poker game. (I think it was on this thread where someone discussed a possible crossover when a friend named Crosby was mentioned.)

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I haven't watched About a Boy since the pilot and haven't seen this week's Parenthood yet, but the Will character was at a Braverman poker game earlier this season saying he hated kids.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Don't remember Will being at the Braverman poker game (didn't know who Will was as i hadn't seen About a Boy at that point), but I did see Crosby at Will's poker game.

Maybe next year they can get Will playing and singing again and get him to record at The Luncheonette.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Scandal is the most ridiculous show I have ever continued to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted