1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Writers' Workshop' started by HookEm2014, Oct 18, 2012.

1. HookEm2014

HookEm2014 Member

Hey guys, I was hoping you could help me out with some feedback on a gamer I wrote two weeks ago. I consider it a average to slightly above average clip for me at the moment (always attempting to get better haha). But, I was just hoping a few people could give me a breakdown of what I did poorly and what I did well (doesn't have to be extensive, any advice would be amazing).

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out, it's much appreciated.

http://dailytexanonline.com/sports/2012/10/07/west-virginia-outscores-texas

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Wasn't too keen about your lede. It might work if you're on deadline, but otherwise, it's lazy journalism.

Loved your dissection of the sequence of plays that cost the Longhorns 16 yards of field position and in turn, the missed field goal. Great attention to detail.

3. HookEm2014

HookEm2014 Member

Thanks very much for the feedback, it's much appreciated! The story was on deadline, and I thought the lede was kind of weak, thanks very much for confirming that for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted