1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bucket list of places to visit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

@Xan, ask old school Jets fans about Jaimie Macouns crosscheck on Hawerchuk in the playoffs.

Lots of people think that they could have knocked off the Oilers in the next round.

Personally I think Fuhr was too unbeatable but it is a fun what if.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm surprised how many items on other wish lists I've been to.

Mostly, that's thanks to a trip to Alaska and Russia.

Alaska was freaking awesome. It was a family thing, all through a fishing charter bed and breakfast kind of deal, so they had us all lined up all week. The highlights were flying into a secluded lake, and a deep sea fishing trip where we caught a mountain of halibut and cod. I'm not much of a fisherman, but that was incredible.

Russia was a hell of an experience, too. It's surreal standing in the middle of Red Square, for sure. Our hotel was across the street and it was eerie walking across Red Square on our way home from dinner/the bars. Moscow's great for the big sights -- don't miss Lenin's body -- but St. Petersburg was easily our favorite place. We had a great time there. Our schedule/my stupidity did kind of prevent me from seeing two of the things I really wanted to see: the World War 2 and space exploration museums in Moscow.

That's my only trip to Europe, however, so Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France and UK are all high on my list.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I've never seen the Rockies.
    I still hope to get there someday.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I've been to quite a few, too and my job allows me to get to some hard-to-reach-from-the-U.S. places. I did have to cancel my Antarctic trip plans to take the job, though.

I'd really love to be posted to Cuba at some point in my career. A colleague is headed there next.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We did a ride up through the Glens of Antrim on one of our trips. Was definitely worth it.

6. Trans-Siberian Railroad journey.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I've seen their orchestra. Quite good.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Cinque Terre lived up to the hype in 2003. Unfortunately, that was before the floods, and I don't know how it's changed. But go there.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I've been to Jerusalem. The ultimate bucket list destination.

Shanghai
    Brussels
    Australia

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Reporting in from UB, Mongolia: quite an awesome place. So glad to have spent three days on horseback!

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I missed this post back then....well struck sir. *tips cap*

12. Pete Wevurski

Pete Wevurski Member

Alaska (been stuck at 49 states for the past 30 years.
    The southern half of New Zealand's South Island (seen the rest of NZ on 6 previous trips)
    And, Orville, NOTHING prepares you for the American Cemetery in Normandy

Draft saved Draft deleted