1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bucket list of places to visit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I'm lucky enough to have already been to many of mine. Still on the list:

- Australia, particularly Sydney and GBR
    - Antarctica
    - Dubai (right after Antarctica would make for an interesting contrast)

And of course, my ultimate dream: Outer Space, particularly the moon. Seems like it'll remain out of my price range during my lifetime (i'm 31), but i can always hope.

2. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Heading to Alaska tomorrow!

Also, if anyone is interested in crossing any of these off the bucket list, feel free to PM me (I'm a travel advisor. Yes, with an o, not an e).

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Alcatraz is very cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. TwoGloves

My parents and sister were all born in Belfast and my cousin, a former IRA member, drives a black taxi. If you ever do make it back to Belfast let me know and I'll try and hook you up with him. He's a walking encyclopedia of Northern Ireland. (I believe the IRA still helps fund the black taxis.) Ireland is very cool. North is way more scenic than the south, or as my family members call it, the free state. Take a ride up the coastal route if you have a car. Very cool stuff.

5. TwoGloves

Surprised Italy wasn't mentioned more. That's one of the few destinations on my list and we're going next spring. So I'll be asking for tips (other than the obvoius sites) in about six months!

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

That's different, why Winnipeg?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Grew up in LA. Grew up a diehard Kings fan when they struggled to crawl into the playoffs year in and year out. Always watched the TV games at Winnipeg. Winnipeg was in the Smythe. You know: Oilers, Flames, Jets, Canucks, Kings. That was my division. Never missed a Kings road game on TV.

Always loved the sound of Winnipeg off the tongue, something romantic about it even though Winnipeg is the butt of jokes ... for being Winnipeg. There's a funny diss on Kids in the Hall.

Then the Jets left and I thought I'd never have the chance to see the Kings play in Winnipeg.

Now the Jets are back in Winnipeg, so the chance has returned.

I'd definitely do the Winnipeg-Calgary-Edmonton triangle if ever the Kings did a back-to-back-to-back there.

8. Iron_chet

Cool story. I grew up in Winnipeg so recall those team and the Smyth reasonably well, very frustrating that the Jets could never get past the hated Oilers. IIRC The Jets are still the only team to have six 30 goal scorers in one season.

Still have no desire to go back to see a game though :)

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hawerchuk was a beast on blades.

He scored something like 175 points the minors season before vaulting to the Jets.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Dubrovnik is at the top of my list. Santorini is second. Want to ride a donkey there. have crossed off most of the others. Got to drive a race car 170 mph at Daytona, did a horseback swim in Jamaica, went to Saint Maarten. And keep going back to Saint Maarten. Love that island.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

All 50 states before I turn 50.

I'm 44 and in the mid 30s in the count. Hawaii, alaska are the big ones I've missed but if a planned road trip to Mount Rushmore would have worked out I'd be in the low 40s as the upper Midwest has yet to be hit.

Greece. For family reasons. Cuba and Canada. Are also high on the foreign country list.

12. Iron_chet

Highly recommend Cuba, especially Havana before there is serious reform and regime change. It is such a different place.

Draft saved Draft deleted