1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redskins get No. 2 pick.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Much to the delight of Sonner.......

Redskins get STL's 2 pick.

STL gets fiirst round pick each of next 3 years, plus this year's 2nd round pick.

Robert Griffin just went out and broke his leg on purpose.

Breaking on WWL crawl.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I said it in the Peyton Manning thread, but ... you're telling me the Redskins plan to start a rookie quarterback with a pretty mediocre-at-best roster and were willing to give away two future first-round picks? Great work by the Rams if it's true. They'll get the guy they wanted at No. 4 6, be it Justin Blackmon or Trent Richardson.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Here's the link from Jay Glazer (which I've already posted on two other threads, but what the hell):

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/gbhvr8

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I love love LOVE RG3, but holy fuck, did the Redskins overpay. At least they have some cap room (IIRC?), because their drafts are gonna be ass for a while.

Still, any time you can acquire a franchise QB, you do it. This is a passing league.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Rams are at 6 now. Browns have the 4th pick.

Bold move by the Redskins, but damn, that's a lot to give up.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Thanks. They could still end up with Blackmon or Richardson at that pick. The Vikings can't afford to pass up Matt Kalil, and I'd think the Buccaneers are targeting Morris Claiborne at No. 5. The Browns have an interesting choice at No. 4 now.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I bet someone (Oaklahd maybe?) trades up to 3 or 4 and gets Blackmon. I don't think Blackmon ever sees the Cleveland city limits.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Raiders aren't trading anywhere. I think their first pick of the draft is in the fourth round, thanks to the Carson Palmer trade.

Wow, this trade. Sounds like a Snyder move, and I think it will ultimately lead to Shanahan's departure and Griffin not being as good as he should be.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Shit. That's right. They had to give up picks for Palmer.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Redskins are devoid of any significant talent on offense. Just adding Griffin won't make much difference. They will really, really miss those draft picks, which are almost certain to be in the top 10. Great deal by the Rams.

11. derwood

derwood Active Member

Holly crap. Snyder is totally crazy.
    Next year's first will probably be top ten or better. Barring a miracle third one will be top fifteen. That's three quality starters.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That's what doesn't make any sense. If you're WAS, and you're going to trade your picks......trade them for an established player.....then build around him.

Now......you've got an UN-established player, and no picks to trade to build around him.

Daniel Snyder is building a brand new house, but he is trying to put in the basement last.

Draft saved Draft deleted