1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Negatives

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 9, 2012.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You're being generous.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Mediocre but with extenuating circumstances. 2 wars and an economy on verge of collapse. Overall I think he has navigated us through pretty well which is why I am willing to cross the isle.

I admire starman for showing some intellectual honesty.
    No politician is perfect.

3. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I think the facts and history will disagree with you by a longshot.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Actually, Zeke is correct Mizzou - Calling Obama a mediocre President is being far too generous as he has been an extreme disappointment and mostly a disaster.

And given how high expectations were for him, he'll go down as one of the biggest failures in the history of the office.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

2008 was liberaldom's big chance to make some serious gains. I had high hopes for Obama, both as a champion of liberal causes and as a serious thinker who would do something about the long-term structural economic problems instead of just band-aiding on solutions that would cause more problems in the long run.

Instead, we got the health plan that Newt Gingrich was championing in the 1990s and a whole lot of tax cuts fueling massive, unsustainable debt levels.

Mediocrity is probably fair, in the sense that at least he has merely failed to accomplish anything on the social front instead of making things worse in the long run, as he did with the economy.

He's passed a lot of bad ideas. Ideas he *knows* are bad, but he just wants to be able to say he got something passed. It's not his fault that he has to deal with a ridiculous conservative obstructionist movement, but sometimes it is okay to just not do anything.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll receive a nice muffin basket from the Harding estate for saying so.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well Iran isn't holding a bunch of Americans hostage in our embassy. That makes him better than Jimmy Carter. So he's got that going for him.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its always easier to criticize than come up with solutions. (One of the best words of advice I ever got, cross-threading.)

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

More fun, too.

/simpsons referencing to your crossthread

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, you let a senatorial candidate in Massachusetts suck out loud right under your nose, and you get what's coming to you if you are the Democrats. Kinda strange that Ted Kennedy would have gotten so much that he had fought decades for, but not living to do so threw it all away. If there isn't a better example of politics at all levels mattering, I can't think of it.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm glad nobody mentioned this as Obama's biggest negative:

[​IMG]

We've certainly moved on beyond that, haven't we?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted