1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Negatives

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I wish I also thought that were true.

But I truly don't.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, think about it, if Obama actually said that (he kinda did but of course in much much more diplomatic terms), who would become suddenly enraged?

People who decided long long ago they hate him anyway. So what?

They would hate him just as much, or more, if he said, "gee ya know something Ed, you might really have a point there." ::)

Who would be suddenly energized?

The people who decided long long ago they love him anyway of course, but also the huge number of people in the middle who think he has been indecisive, waffling and weak.

Plus of course the astronauts on the far far left who have abandoned him for constantly caving to the wingnuts would come stampeding back in a rush.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Two things. 1. Federal taxes are lower under Obama than they were under Bush, due to the stimulus package and the ongoing payroll tax holiday. Americans NEVER believe taxes have gone down, even when they do (poli sci research again), or think somebody else got the cut and not them.
    2. A quite legitimate complaint about Obama is that he has been a slipshod administrator, apparently unconcerned with staffing the executive branch, letting holdover appointees dictate policy at important agencies (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, etc.).

4. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

The inside-the-beltway political press would flog him from now until he was out of office. The David Brooks' of the world would has a sad, and that would trigger an endless negative news cycle.

You're right that it's a wash in terms of voters. It would energize those who like him as well as those who hate him. It's just not worth the shitstorm.

5. Starman

It's a real safe bet David Brooks will flog Obama every day from now until he's out of office anyway.

You really think the inside-the-beltway press would rally in defense of poor Ed Henry or one of the other rightwing propaganda flunkies if Obama wound up for an overhead smash on one of these "when did you stop beating your wife? Or have you?" setups?

Of course the faithful team members would, but they're a lost cause anyway.

6. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

As related to gas prices?

Because the Keystone oil pipeline wouldn't do shit for US gas prices.

Additionally, know how we're supposed to loathe Kelo V. City of New London? Like, how to conservatives it's the most gawd-awful thing to come out of SCOTUS since Roe? Well how do you think they'll enforce the building of a pipeline on the lands of farmers who are protesting the thing to high heaven?

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Obama's negatives?

"What are you talking about, he has none, he is the Messiah, all of his policies are great and great for America and if you say otherwise you are either a batshit crazy neo-con or a racist!!! Don't ever dare to question anything about Obama....." [/Zeke and Starman]

And Obama has no more or less negatives than just about every big party politician we've ever elected - he governs for the elite because his bills are paid for by the elite. The only difference between him and George W. and others of his ilk is what group of elite he panders too.

To say otherwise is being intellectually dishonest.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When this thread gets locked we'll go back to this post as the reason why.

Please try and show some restraint and offer something intellectually honest.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

But... but... but... he's a different kind of politician!

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I absolutely did - he is owned by and governs for the elite, just like every Republican President and every other Democrat President of the past 30 or 40 years - despite these way over the top sound bytes about how horrible it would be if the other guy wins every four years.

That's called reality.

11. Starman

LMAO.

There have been times, after his infuriatingly-frequent capitulations to the wingnuts, when I have scorched Obama as bad or worse than any of the righties on the board.

Go back to the original list of 11 items, I give Obama an unconditional passing grade on one or two, I think.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll give you that.

I think some of the unconditional Obama love comes from those who kissed the ground he walked on four years ago and don't want to admit that he really has been nothing more than a mediocre president.

Draft saved Draft deleted