Author Topic: Sports copy desk in Columbus, Ind.  (Read 781 times)

Offline gravehunter

Sports copy desk in Columbus, Ind.
« on: November 24, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »

The Republic, a 140-year-old family-owned newspaper in Columbus, Ind., seeks a sports copy desk pro who combines sharp word-editing skills and a flair for design. We donít operate with a lot of rules ó our marching orders are simply to produce clean, fluent copy, inviting headlines and attention-grabbing pages. Just 40 minutes from Indianapolis and 75 minutes from Louisville, Columbus is a small city that thinks big as the home to a Fortune 500 company, world-renowned architecture, and top-quality public schools and health care. Email resume, cover letter and six samples of your work to [email protected]. EOE.

Offline imjustagirl

Re: Sports copy desk in Columbus, Ind.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 05:59:15 AM »
Lots of Tony Stewart coverage!!!
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. -- The Doctor

This week: -4 lb. Total: -60 pounds

Offline Bubbler

• Last Of The Independents
Re: Sports copy desk in Columbus, Ind.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »
Some good people in the newsroom.

Used to work there, but its been so long I would have no viable input on how it is there these days.
The cerebral musicality of jazz mixed with the visceral groove of funk.

You came here with a mouse in a bottle and now you're the mouse.

You're wrong my Bubby. I don't know ass. My degree is in journalism with a minor in hard knocks, not assology.