From Journalism Jobs: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1299575
This is a project non-staff position with an estimated duration of 10 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The successful candidate will report to the Coordinating Producer and Managing Editor of NBCOlympics.com ahead of and during the London Olympic Games. Position requires generating and publishing Olympic sports content across digital media platforms, in particular the NBCOlympics.com Web site, with a focus on specifically assigned sport(s).
• Take ownership of assigned sport hubs and all related pages within NBCOlympics.com, ensuring their content is timely, relevant, accurate and compelling
• Handle all aspects of publishing content, such as posting wire stories, building photo galleries, generating interactive elements (e.g. polls), writing headlines/teasers/captions, etc.
• Quickly master the NBCOlympics.com publishing tool to ensure content is presented properly on the site, is comprehensively related to other content, is included as necessary in automated workflows, etc.
• Build content such as athlete bios, event previews and features
• Prepare for, and perhaps conduct, interviews with athletes from assigned sports
• Leverage social media tools to share content and engage users
• Incorporate video footage strategically into the site per internal policies/guidelines
• Interface with video and technical teams for efficient production of video content. Also work with NBC producers to acquire venue-generated video clips (e.g. NBC analyst reviews)
• Minimum two years experience in pressurized editorial environments
• At least two years of experience working for a sports-related Web site
• Knowledge of -- and interest in -- Olympic sports is essential
• Experience working with one or more Olympic sports is preferable
• Must have a solid understanding of sports content and presentation on the Web
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure, to meet deadlines, to sustain focus on assigned duties and to multi-task
• Proficiency at discerning story lines and analyzing stories
• Familiarity with HTML and web authoring tools and software such as Photoshop
• Familiarity with AP style and ability to create clean, cliché-free copy
• Ability to quickly learn and master content management system
I have absolutely no experience with working at NBC or in Stamford, Conn., but I can tell you NBCsports.com's Olympic coverage is outstanding. I would have to think shining in a gig like this could lead to better things.
You can apply here; http://appclix.postmasterlx.com/track.html?pid=ff80808133ab6e800133ae8f3eb61957&source=journalismjobs&p=subsourceId=AD019