1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chelsea Clinton to NBC Nightly News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 14, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Pretty good gig:

Chelsea Clinton earned an annual salary of $600,000 at NBC News before switching to a month-to-month contract earlier this year, sources with knowledge of the agreement told POLITICO.

Clinton, who joined NBC News as a special correspondent in November 2011, was up for renewal or nonrenewal this year. Instead, the sources said, the network decided to keep her on the payroll on a month-to-month basis so the two parties could sever ties if Clinton’s mother, Hillary Clinton, runs for president.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/chelsea-clinton-nbc-600-k-salary-107827.html#ixzz34cSbrcWx

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wow! $600,000?? I can't say that I've ever seen her on camera.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Free market. Suck it.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

She should really consider pantsuits like her mom.

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Housewife-from-Massapequa-with-a-developing-drinking-problem chic.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Quits. Working mom life wasn't looking too good.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/chelsea-clinton-quits-nbc-600k-pay-article-1.1921369

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I have a feeling she's going to be quite busy over the next two years or so.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't begrudge her at all, I just don't know what networks get out of these deals.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Your imagination can't conjure what they might have expected in return for paying a ridiculous salary for very little, to the daughter of two of the most politically-connected people there are?

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I just wonder what the salary would be if this position went to a veteran TV journalist without those connections. That is, assuming such a position would exist without those connections, of course.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Clintons aren't going to give favored nation status to NBC at the expense of the other networks. Now, maybe they might have given them that impression and NBC was stupid enough to believe them...

Draft saved Draft deleted