1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011-12 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Beat ya by 3:39. ;)

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Stop. Miles has Lambkin 1 fueled up for ya to join in the party at the Crown Pub.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

But I'm supposed to be the designated CSU poster ;)

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

UCLA has its own sleaze issues, but Bruins aren't getting all hot and bothered about potential SEC-calibre (vacated) circumstances.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Most absurd court-storming of the year so far was DePaul fans storming the court after beating unranked Pitt.

Best court-storming of the year was Indiana after beating Kentucky in the game of the year to this point. Totally raw and spontaneous and cathartic. Vitale was actually scared shitless while it was going on.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Best court-storming was definitely IU over UK.......a close second was Notre Dame over 'Cuse.

7. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

UT had to slick out of Baton Rouge last night in what was an entertaining game. Your scenario is still there.

The Vols look like an NCAA team to me, although I doubt that they get there. Stokes was outstanding last night. He makes a huge difference when you consider that he replaces a kind of journeyman player with a difference maker and, in the process, make themselves deeper in the front line.

Might be too little, too late.

And before somebody says "It was just LSU," for the first 15 minutes, LSU played very well. LSU has moments, like the Marquette game or the Mississippi State comeback, where they are pretty good, especially at home. For much of last night, they were that good and Tennessee was still able to win on the road.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

If CSU is in the NCAA field, then my alma mater (Southern Miss) ought to be in with a bullet because they bitch-slapped the Rams by 21 at the Fort. Yeah, it was in November, but that's still got to look pretty good on the resume, as does the fact that Southern is 24-6.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Plus, Stokes is hurt and playing about about 75% capacity. If the Vols could have locked up one of those early-season near-misses, they'd be a lock themselves. Alas, they didn't, and I think as a result they'll be a trendy pick to win the NIT! (yikes).

10. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Southern Miss should definitely be in, IMO. Got revenge for the loss last season.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Matt, I distinctly remember that game from last year (apart from the fact that it was at Cancun). It was pretty much USM's season in a nutshell. They were in the game all the way (I think they lost by 5), but they just could never quite make the right play at the right time, then Eustachy had to separate a couple of players as they were going into the locker room after it was over. That was probably a more talented team than this year's team, but that bunch had really bad chemistry. BTW, I think CSU is going to get in, as well. They are obviously playing a lot better than they were in November.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Miller just hit a crazy three-pointer for FSU with 0.8 left as it looks like they've escaped with a win in Charlottesville. The Seminoles looked done with about three minutes to go in the game as Bernard James was kicked out of the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted