1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011-12 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I don't see where this thread has been created and I'm not necessarily doing it because Mississippi State is expected to do so well this season. ;)

I do want to question the birth-day thinking of the parents of St. John's JUCO transfer God's'Gift Achiuwa.
    This ridiculous name thing always burned me up when I was a working journalist and it still does today.

Other than seeing that a few minutes ago on the televised 2K Classic, I'm excited about the season.

EDIT: Fixes college name ... also, apparently has a sibling named Promise

Carry on

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Akron becomes the first team to clinch a berth in the NCAA Men's Tournament with its upset win at Mississippi State tonight. The Zips are for real!

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The first two posts of this thread are Mississippi State-related?

Massive fail.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Less than 24 hours before this occurs.

[​IMG]

http://www.freep.com/article/20111110/SPORTS07/111110044/Izzo-Carrier-Classic-has-far-superseded-expectations-far?odyssey=nav|head

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. mb

mb Active Member

That's badass. Now back to the regularly scheduled Starkvegas chat.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Piss on you, Bubbler.
    Maybe you are waiting for the aircraft carrier game.
    But the season started a few days ago.
    If you have something buzzworthy to add, please do.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The ballyhooed aircraft carrier game is now well past a half-hour behind schedule.

Of course we had to get 15 minutes of blather from Obama, who shouldn't have 15 seconds to waste on this shit -- if his staff can't think of things for him to do, I could write him a list.

Now prepare for a 40-point UNC romp.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Called it about right.
    This was a dominant performance by NC

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Both teams sleepwalking. If UNC is hitting on half its cylinders it's a 25-point game.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Plaschke is going to have a field day with this UCLA stinker, as if he needed another reason to gripe about Ben Howland.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Didn't get to listen very much, but Duke got another scare from Belmont. A little deceiving, as the Bruins hit a trey at the buzzer to make it a 1-point game. Still ...

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

John Henson is going to make a pro team very happy or crazy. I have never seen a kid so dominant in certain areas of the game but so freaking awkward in others.

This kid was born to run next to a Magic Johnson type guard, but if he is asked to create anything on his own with the ball, he will fail. It's almost like he is an amplified version of Scottie Pippen.

And Barnes is a monster...

And those stickers are bullshit...

And hardwood gets very slick outdoors. They are better off pouring asphalt.

Draft saved Draft deleted