1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Lord help me, I've tried. I'm a huge Bell's loyalist & it's unquestionably a great beer....but I just don't care for it. Something too floral, for my taste.

2. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Hop Head Red?

3. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Holy crap, never thought I'm come across someone who's actually protective of......MUNSTER??

Having said that, let me know the next time you hear 3F is selling Zombie by the case. First round's on me at the Brewpub.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

People have got to be let down when they come here and see that 3F is located in an industrial park a ways back from the town's main drag. As you probably know, it's just a Chicago bedroom community anyway.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Stone's Enjoy By releases are usually wet-hopped. I love the flavor. Sounds weird to say, but if a beer kinda smells like cat piss, it's good with me. That's just the hop profile coming out in the aroma. Ha.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

YES, YES, YES! I have and I loved the mosaic. I also found a Terrapin (Athens, Ga) Mosaic pale. Man, it was great. I'm going to make a SMASH with it.

7. three_bags_full

Spent this weekend in Asheville with a buddy. Hit 12 breweries Friday night and Saturday.

By far the best of the weekend was Hi Wire. Burial was definitely the worst. They have a coffee milk stout that is now in my top five. They also had a brown that was pretty damn solid.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Ha! Funny, just PM'd you about this.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I hear that Asheville is a big-time up-and-coming brewery area. I need to get out that way to check it out...they even have a few down the road near WCU.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm a crazy Stone fan. The 18th anniversary is awesome, and so is the collaboration.
    I also love the Go To session. The hop profile with the lower ABV results in an almost oily resin quality that is excellent.

11. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Michigan Brewer's Guild Fall Harvest Festival this weekend in downtown Detroit (Eastern Market). Been a couple times and it's been fun so I'm sure Saturday will be a good day. Weather is supposed to be near-perfect (low 60s, partly sunny).

Program link to the right of this page - what should I try?? :) http://www.mibeer.com/detroit-fall-festival

12. three_bags_full

Downed a can of Heady tonight.

Followed it up with my Oktoberfest, aptly named Mein Kampf due to the problems I had brewing it.

Draft saved Draft deleted