1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trying To Get Back Into The Column Writing Mode...

Discussion in 'Writers' Workshop' started by daytonadan1983, May 11, 2011.

1. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

I came back to the old job to help out as a in-house feature writer/columnist, but that faded when the director quit 3 days before kickoff and I was back in SID mode. There are worse things...

Anyhow, when our golf teams won at Nationals three weeks after the passing of the former coach, I cranked this out and the golf coach and AD said it was the perfect way to do it. Of course, I think I'm rusty so I ask for feedback.

It may be a little too religious for some, but hey, it's a church school and I believe it....

http://www.b-cuathletics.com/genrel/050911aac.html

2. Ryan_Wooden

Ryan_Wooden Guest

New to the site, and I noticed this was long overdue for some feedback, but I figured I'd say that I thought it was well-composed. I'm not overtly religious, a casual believer if there is such thing, but I found no issue with the spiritual context. Well done.

Draft saved Draft deleted