1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A special announcement from SJ founder Lucas Wiseman

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Lucas Wiseman, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Dear fellow SJ members,

I’ve got some news to share with you. Today is a very big day for our community here on SportsJournalists.com and the future of the site.

When I started SportsJournalists.com nearly 10 years ago, I did it because there was a need for the people in our industry to gather and discuss issues related to the field we work in. Over time, it has become more than just a message board. It’s become a family. And a place I think all of us are proud to call home.

These past 10 years have represented a significant portion of my life. There have been ups and downs (mostly ups), and I have always been proud of the site and what it has stood for. Over the years it has grown to unimaginable levels.

That growth will continue as we move forward as I am very excited to announce that the site has changed ownership effective immediately. The new owners have incredible plans for the future and that was an important part of my decision to allow them to take over the site.

I will allow them to provide further details on what they plan to do, but if the initial discussions we have had are any indication of what is ahead, it’s going to be very, very exciting. Stay tuned.

So you might wonder what all these means for our community. Quite simply put, it really doesn’t mean much. The site will continue to operate just like it has in the past. All the moderators have agreed to stay on board, and I have also agreed to remain to not only help with the transition but also to make sure our community is protected and enhanced moving forward.

The most important thing you should take out of all this is that SportsJournalists.com is going big time. It’s going to be more than just a message board. The potential of this website and its users is almost unlimited. I will be very proud to watch it grow into the site I always thought it could become while being able to offer my guidance on the changes.

It has been an absolute pleasure running this site over the past 10 years. And I look forward to another 10 years of continuing to improve and develop our community.

Thanks to each and every one of you for your dedication and support over the years. I look forward to your continued support moving forward.

Best regards,

Lucas Wiseman
    Founder, SportsJournalists.com

2. Kenny Tran

Kenny Tran Member

Hi everyone,

I’m the one that will be primarily working with Lucas on SportsJournalists.com. It’s going to be a pleasure being a part of this community. We plan to turn this site into what Lucas, and many others, envisioned it to be.

Let me first say that I’m not a sports journalist. Please excuse my comparatively poor grammar and spelling. I work with a digital marketing company that has been successfully building and operating a wide variety of websites since 2002. Before this, I worked professionally as the community manager of several popular gaming forums. We’ve got a great team here working on this site, which includes a former sports journalist.

That said, this place will always be what it is now, the internet’s most popular gathering place for sports journalists. I’ve been lurking for about a month, and working with the moderators for the past couple of weeks. They’ve been a great help in teaching me the forum guidelines and culture. All of our development plans are first ran through Lucas and the moderators before anything ever happens, and we plan to keep it that way.

Thank you for being a part of the site thus far, and I hope you stay around for the exciting years to come.

Draft saved Draft deleted