1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do I generate a URL for an MP3 file?

Discussion in 'Online Journalism' started by rpmmutant, Feb 10, 2011.

1. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

I am trying to create podcasts using Flash players. I got the codes for the Flash players. I just need to know how to generate URLs for the MP3 files I am creating using Audacity, if that is even possible.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You need to have a host. Chances are you don't have an internal server to host it on. So you need to find a free web hosting site that will let you save your MP3 podcasts. Once you sign up, you will upload your MP3 and it will give you a destination for the file. It won't be a professional looking destination but it will work.

As for what site to use, I have no idea. Google can help you there.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I have started putting stuff on fileden.com they will host audio files for free. From there, I just use an mp3 player widget to play the file on the blog. However, since I have never actually did a podcast, just did test files I'm not sure how the whole thing feels on the interface side for my readers. Hope this helps a little.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

http://www.divshare.com/

5. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

divshare worked great. Thanks for the help.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I stumbled on it when I was looking for the same thing you were. I'd been doing radio interviews to promote my book and wanted to post the interviews on Facebook for people who couldn't listen live, and it does work great.

7. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I used podomatic.com for my podcast when I did one and they create the MP3 player for you in two formats.

The first, is one dedicated just to one episode and the second, is like a show archive that has the latest episode first and the older below.

Draft saved Draft deleted