1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masters Media Credentials

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sports junkie, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Anyone know how to apply for Masters credentials?

I've never covered it but was going to try this year. They don't list it in the PGA Tour credentialing system. I know they are hard to secure but thought I might be able to get them for sometime during tournament week. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

3. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

bless your heart.

4. Journalist21

Journalist21 Member

Don't bother. You're not going to find anything unless you're from a Augusta newspaper or a national chain (and I mean few national newspapers).

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is a golfer (especially one of the amateurs) in the field in your coverage area and does your paper cover him as part of its regular golf package? If so, you might have a shot. But you should have applied much earlier.

6. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

"Don't bother. You're not going to find anything unless you're from a Augusta newspaper or a national chain (and I mean few national newspapers)."

I don't work at a "national newspaper." But we certainly are credentialed.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

If you have to ask, you're not getting in. You don't know the secret handshake.

8. peacer84

peacer84 Member

I work at a 19,000 circulation paper in Northwest North Dakota.

We have an annual credential to the Masters. Bad thing is, if you want to go, the hotel/plane ticket/rental car are on your dollar. it's great to spend your money on if you've never gone.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think you should just show up the day before it starts and ask for one. I'm sure they will accomodate you. :)

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The Masters isn't part of the Tour. Hope you don't go on your own dime.

11. I know a lot of people from mid-sized papers and small TV stations in the Southeast that cover it annually, so don't listen to the poster who said you shouldn't bother.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you cover it annually, you're fine. If you've never covered it before, it would have been wise to get your credential request in well before the deadline (whenever that is...).

Draft saved Draft deleted