1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The story behind the ice cream cone man

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 28, 2011.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My first thought was that looked like a new Matt Damon movie.

But yeah, having him in for a chat is holding onto that viral moment juuuust a little too long.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

He's clearly in a hurry to deliver said cone to his true love... Amber Lamps.

3. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Um, excuse me. Did you not notice that he is running with an ice cream cone in the middle of what appears to be a light snow? If that's not newsworthy, I don't know what is.

[/too tired for blue font]

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

You know, I was thinking "Matt Damon" when I first saw the pic, but the comments section on the site pointed out a closer fit. It's Skippy Handleman, from Family Ties!

[​IMG]

5. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Anyone else notice that it was former sports editor Emilio Garcia-Ruiz conducting the "chat" with ice cream guy? I'm not going to get into whether there should have been a chat or not, and I mean no disrespect to Emilio because I think he's the best in the business, BUT, come on. The guy has a Pulitzer Prize.

Draft saved Draft deleted