1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GQ profiles Deadspin's Daulerio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 19, 2011.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How far can 100K get you in New York City? Is that good? Bad? Good enough?

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of the TMZ stuff but placing the blame on the writer for "the collateral damage to the families" just rings empty.

The blame lies with the perpetrators, it is their responsibility to think of the implications of their actions, not the reporters/messengers.

Similarly, the content is to be judged by the readers. If the readers are devouring it, its a problem with our educators, not the writers.

Deadspin has brought things to light that were previously suppressed and that's a good thing.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Our family of two lives in Manhattan for much less than that so I think 100K would be plenty. And we eat well, have cable, go out, etc.

The burnout thing is fairly common to Gawker editors, at least on the main site. They've gone through numerous editors, several of whom said they left because of burnout, the pace, Denton or the fact they couldn't handle basically being assholes all day long. Then again, many have returned, only to leave a second time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He posted a video of a girl getting nailed on the bathroom floor?

I like the site, but I can't defend that.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It was filmed at the new Cowboys Stadium, which was the sports angle.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Opinions vary

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

OK, I do vaguely remember that. If I had to take a call like that from a parent, I think I'd be quitting the next day.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

According to the story (which you posted so I don't know how you didn't pick this up), the video was from Bloomington, Ind., and was a follow-up to the Cowboys video. AJ imagined it as a series on bathroom sex. He's a visionary.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought Mizzou was talking about the initial video. My bad. Sorry.

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

You mean, *other* than bong hits and popping Adderall?

rb

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. He even said in the story that he's well aware that dirt on him will likely surface in the future and that he'd take his medicine.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

He's a scumbag. He's no better than Perez Hilton when it comes to utter classlessness and douchebaggery.

Draft saved Draft deleted