1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Then you unify them, have an undisputed champion and voila! ;)

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It happened one other time, but it was real briefly (a couple of weeks).

I seem to recall Batista being one of the champions, although I could be wrong.

3. Baron Scicluna

Maybe there was something personal behind his weight loss, like (just speculating here) maybe a friend or relative was overweight and had health issues, or something like that? Who knows?

4. beanpole

beanpole Member

Batista's MMA deal has fallen through. Does he come back, and as a face or a heel?

Jericho's likely back on Raw instead of SD to cash in on his DWTS push, right?

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Not sure if Batista will come back to wrestling, though if he's smart, he'd do so while his name still means something. He's 42 and his days as a credible performer, be it wrestling or MMA, are limited.

If Jericho returns as a face, Raw would be the logical place for him since the gap between No. 1 face (Cena) and No. 2 face (Morrison? Mysterio? Big Show?) is pretty wide. If he's back as a heel, Smackdown needs helps on that side (is Cody Rhodes their top heel now?)

6. I thought Batista left as a really good and somewhat believable heel performer (I was actually suprised because I never really thought of him as doing anything well), so I think it's possible for him to return and rely on somethign other than his in-ring capabilities.

7. beanpole

beanpole Member

The 'draft' continues:

Swagger to Raw, so this awful Michael Cole/Lawler storyline continues.
    Daniel Bryan to SD. Hope he gets a better push there.

8. Baron Scicluna

Glad to see Bryan get a chance. Maybe he can become the No. 3 babyface behind Orton and Christian, or maybe a top heel

Swagger to Raw? Whoop de damn do. Didn't he get drafted to Raw, like, last year, or something?

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

What's funny is that a lot of the names moving in the supplimental draft didn't really have much of a connection to the other brand anyway. JTG to Raw? Yoshi Tatsu to Smackdown? When was the last time either was on that show? They'll still be relegated to Superstars (assuming the Sword of Future Endeavors doesn't drop on them), except they'll be taping matches on Monday instead of Tuesday, or vice versa.

10. beanpole

beanpole Member

Damn, the only reason I watched Raw was to catch a glimpse of Yoshi Tatsu. My Monday nights just opened up.

11. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Kofi, McIntyre and Kelly Kelly also to Raw. Mmmm...Kelly Kelly.

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Also, DiBiase and Regal to SD. Anyone else hope this actually results in either of them getting decent work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.