1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petrie

Petrie Guest

But-but-but...brand extension! :D

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I hoped they'd let Cena go to SD and do his thing over there for a while. Le sigh.

3. KYSportsWriter

Brand extension, shmand memention. (or something)

4. cowboy2001

cowboy2001 Member

Saw this coming a mile away. No way would they move their cash cow to the B show.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Haven't watched this yet b/c the wife has to work early tomorrow but, reading the results, it appears as if they basically did nothing to improve SD huh?

Sure, putting Orton on it is fine but now SD lacks a heel worthy of a face as big as Orton is. At least if they'd kept Del Rio there it would have given Orton something interesting to do. Now who does he feud with? Barrett? Rhodes?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the big names get announced on TV. The lesser names get the supplemental draft.

And on another side note, anyone notice Punk kiss Del Rio on the cheek after they won? Cracked me up.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Only intriguing thing was Orton going to Smackdown, and Del Rio to Raw (although he's been on the show multiple times in the last few weeks anyways).

Otherwise, meh. Seems like Vince is taking his cue from the newspaper industry. A lot of deck chair rearranging. Little of substance.

8. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I can't believe I'm typing this, but the best moments of the whole evening:

1. When CM Punk kissed Del Rio on the cheek. That was hilarious. Punk's heel reactions are priceless, and I'm pretty sure he was doing it to make fun of the whole stupid situation.

2. R-Truth's promo.

To me, if those are the highlights, that's a total freaking disaster of a show.

Also, why not call this a lottery? It's not a draft. And it hasn't been for years.

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I would easily see Cena beating Miz and Alberto beating Christian, and then problem solved.

And if so, that's a travesty on both fronts.

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

If y'all want to see something interesting, check this out. It's an interview with Mark Henry during the show - you can hear Big Show being drafted in the background - where Henry talks about his weight loss and starts crying. I can't entirely figure it out, to be honest.

http://vids.wwe.com/11856/wwecom-exclusive-mark-henry-reac

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

That's exactly the way I see it.

And I couldn't agree more.

12. KYSportsWriter

That would mean both belts are on Raw. That doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.