1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Folks who grabbed Bob are the surviving Termites. That was Gareth giving the soliloquy.
    Folks who grabbed Beth remain unknown at this time, other than the cross displayed on their vehicles.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

We saw Gareth and the guy from the cabin who threatened to kill Lil Ass Kicker if Tyreese didn't leave the cabin.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Thought that was right. Guess i was just assuming they were the guys in the car, which would have meant they weren't from Terminus.

4. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I thought Tyrese said he killed that guy in the cabin?

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Tyrese didn't say he killed him but he did say he wound't be a problem anymore. He implied that he killed him.
    Maybe he thought he'd beaten him to death. Maybe he knew the guy wasn't dead but assumed he would die of his wounds.

As Shaka Zulu would say 'Never leave an enemy behind.'

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe that was the reason for the "I thought you'd taste better" line?
    Disappointed they missed the chance to make a "dark meat" joke, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Bob definitely bit. That's why he left the celebration, looked longingly back and then started crying.
    He just got Tyrese's sister to like him (although I'm not sure when that actually happened) and then he had to kill himself.

Will the fact that Bob has been bit have affect on the Termites who eat him? Everybody is infected, and the Termites don't seem to be affected by the people they consume.
    Of course there seems to be a difference between infected via air-born contagion and bitten by zombie.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I forget exactly how a bite kills somebody even though everybody is already infected. Kirkman has always intentionally left things very vague, so they can pretty much make it work however they want it to work.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They talked about it a bit on Talking Dead. Coleman said Tyreese thought he was dead after the beating, but he didn't want Carol or anyone else to see what he had done.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Let's say, hypothetically, Bob did get bit. Even if he did, wouldn't cooking his leg effectively burn out the infection? I mean, that's the whole reason we cook things anyway, right? To remove any chance we'll get sick from bacteria or whatnot. Although it would be kind of fitting if they did Bob a solid by cutting his leg off. Would really make that game he was playing with that woman where you look for the bright side of something bad a lot more meaningful.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Everyone turns when they die...there is no sickness. It's been discussed in the show.

Oh, and so is the working hashtag #shishkaBob or #BobBQ bigger? LOL

I know source material is not the gold standard with this show anymore (and I like that it's not), but damn I love when they twist into the comic with episodes like this.
    Seriously, if you have not read the comics, that's fine...but damn when you see an episode like that you just giggle in delight while watching it.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But the bite of a walker is fatal. Sometimes it takes longer than others, but unless it is a bite to the limb, which is cut off in time, people die when they are bitten.

What we don't know is the mechanics of how it works.

Draft saved Draft deleted