1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

He would have been outshined be Merle. If anything, he could have disappeared and returned as, I don't know, the leader of Terminus, or the next villain after Terminus.

2. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

I get the point, but Rick was almost always doing the things Shane said he couldn't do. Sure, Shane could open the barn door and shoot people he never knew, but when Sophia walked out at the end, it was Rick who pointed his gun at her head and pulled the trigger. And when Shane tried to kill Rick, it was Rick who killed Shane. Rick has gone through some wormy times, but he has almost always done what HAD to be done.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You're right that there wouldn't have been room for both, but Shane could've replaced Merle in that "ghost from the past" role. I think it worked much better with Merle, just saying Shane could've slid in there and the storyline could've worked more or less the same.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Honestly, I like to think if Lori wasn't involved, Shane and Rick would have been an incredible team. I picture them just demolishing the Governor and, in my opinion, if Shane were alive, they would have never lost the prison.
    Not blaming Rick for the way he handled the events in and around the prison but, yeah, he messed up and a lot of good people got got because of it.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That nails it on the head. Shane wasn't doing the bad things because they HAD to be done. He wasn't strong enough to do those things. The things he did, that he claimed were the tough decisions, were, in reality, the easy way out and the path toward losing his humanity. Shooting Otis to save himself, for instance.

Rick has toed the line, keeping his humanity while doing what he HAD to do to keep his people safe (and he admittedly made mistakes along the way). Shane's descent into survivor mode would have kept HIM alive, but ultimately, he was too dangerous to remain a part of the group.

6. schiezainc

I do wonder how Shane would have handled interacting with the Governor. There's a part of me that thinks he would have fallen right in line with the guy and, if not listened to him, followed along with his plan for his people.
    I do think Shane would love the current version of Rick though.

7. schiezainc

I wonder if Fox is going to sue since they have the exclusive right to air Bob's Burgers.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Buck,

Still think nothing is going to happen the rest of the way? :D

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Bob definitely got bit in the leg those shitheads are feasting on, right?

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

That's what I was wondering. I thought Bob was just about to shoot himself in the head to protect his friends when these guys grabbed him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

i'm glad i was so wrong.

if they keep this pace up for the whole season, i'll be one very happy fan

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So are the guys from Bob's Diners Club from Terminus or the governor's town? Assuming Terminus but I'm also assuming they're the same guys who grabbed Beth, which predates Terminus blowing up.

Draft saved Draft deleted