1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question on road signs -- HC?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Oct 12, 2010.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I've no clue how to Google this, and I'm tired from driving for about 10 days, so I'll just ask here...

On a road sign, what does it mean when there's a black "HC" with a green circle around it? I've been driving for awhile and seen that designation on a couple of highways, including the HOV lane in ... um ... I think maybe it was Salt Lake City.

All I can come up with is "Horseless Carriage," and I'm fairly certain that's not right. So what the heck does it mean?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No hazardous containers.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Close.

It actually indicates that it IS a hazardous container route. Trucks carrying hazardous material have to follow that route.

http://www.johncletheroe.org/usa_can/driving/signbrf.htm

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I thought a question was being posed for the consideration of our favourite anthem singer. :)

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Me, too, DoubleJ. I wondered why anyone would be asking HC about road signs in Utah.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They obviously aren't Battalion fans...

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Saw these in Boston with an arrow pointing in the direction of our hotel. Thought they were very welcoming!

[​IMG]

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Vegas doesn't want any of your Canuckistani money

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

That's cool, dhack. I have no interest in going to Vegas. :D

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Did you rip off one of those to give to JR to make sure he doesn't forget you?

11. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Good to see my alma mater expanding its brand recognition. Cousy, Heinsohn and Lockbaum would be proud.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't what purpose questions on road signs would serve. Road signs should be used only to relay important information to drivers.

Draft saved Draft deleted