1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods Press Conference

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Re: Tiger Woods Press Conferenece

I don't think a Friday morning presser is going fuck Accenture - since Sat. and Sunday are the only rounds televised live on networl TV.
    I'm guessing the presser is set for Fri. because the cutoff for the tournament that Tiger playing is also Fri. Judging by the remarks at the end of the story, It might be a safe bet, Tiger will be playing next week at the Phoenix Open or an overseas event.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Re: Tiger Woods Press Conferenece

Despite what would have seemed to be ample opportunity, neither of those things ever happened, probably because their sports' media policy never allowed them to be such controlling douchebags. So I think your hypothesis is proved to be complete crap. Kobe was facing 20 years in jail, and he took questions.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This will not end well.

There is not a PR flak in the country that can properly coach Tiger on how to go up there and not sound like a bitter, condescending prick.

If I was coaching him, I would tell him to start sobbing uncontrollably, make a reference of how he was glad his father didn't live to see this, beg for forgiveness from his family apologize to everyone and continue sobbing so much that he has to walk out.

I think that's the only way some would start to feel sorry for him.

4. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Domestic battery, if the story about the her hitting him with the golf club is true. And you are right, it's a very big "if."

But look at the way this was handled from the start: Tiger and the wife first blew off the police daily for what, 3 days? Then they blew them off for good.

None of this passes the smell test for me.

5. Mizzougrad96

I'm surprised he didn't do this the Friday before the Super Bowl.

6. Re: Tiger Woods Press Conferenece

The story I saw on FoxNews.com reported there would be no questions.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

So why didn't Tiger press charges and make her look bad instead of just him coming out looking like the cheating bastards and she's the poor innocent wife?
    Your specualtion escapes me.

8. Mizzougrad96

There's no way in hell he will take questions.

9. Mizzougrad96

This is what we'll learn.

This was a private matter than he is dealing with with his family. He's sorry. Now leave him alone.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Phoenix? Home of the rowdiest crowd on the PGA Tour? No way Tiger shows up there.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Of course it will fuck Accenture. The fallout will easily overshadow two more days of golf -- and the final two days of the match play, sans Tiger, aren't riveting anyway. Gotta fill the dead time and it will all be Tiger talk.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

It is mentioned in the headline and second graph of ESPN's story:

MARANA, Ariz. -- Tiger Woods will end nearly three months of silence Friday when he speaks publicly for the first time since his middle-of-the-night car accident sparked stunning revelations of infidelity.

However, his agent said Woods will not take any questions from a small group of media.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4921899

Draft saved Draft deleted