1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "Twilight" tattoo gallery of fail

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Okay, so people like the "Twilight" books. Why, I don't know, but whatever.....each to their own.

That doesn't mean I have to not laugh at morons who are getting tattoos inspired by what this site has dubbed "this literary abortion and the Diet Coke of vampires."

http://www.inquisitr.com/28678/lamesauce-twilight-tattoo-gallery-of-fail/

[​IMG]

Even funnier than the pics of increasingly ludicrous tattoos and the accompanying editorial comments are the confessions of actor Robert Pattinson that his own character and author Stephenie Meyer pretty much sicken him.

“When I read it … I was convinced that Stephenie was convinced that she was Bella, and … it was like it was a book that wasn’t supposed to be published, like reading her — her sort of sexual fantasy about some — especially when she says that it was based on a dream, and it’s like, “Oh, then I had a dream about this really sexy guy” and she just writes this book about it, and there’s some things about Edward that are just so specific that … I was just convinced that this woman is mad, she’s completely mad, and she’s in love with her own fictional creation. And I sometimes … feel uncomfortable reading this thing, and I think a lot of people feel the same way, that it’s kind of voyeuristic … It creates this sick pleasure in a lot of ways.”

Lots of fun pictures and reading in this gallery of fail. :D

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Where the hell is that tattoo? A calf? An upper arm? Where's the knee, the elbow, the ankle, any reference point? Apparently this person is not only foolish, but disfigured.

Thanks for the laugh, Double J.

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

That actually seems like a fun SJ game. Post a pic of a tatoo and have the rest of us try to figure out the body part. For the record, I'm going back of calf on this one.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I'm going forearm on the one posted above.

5. KVV

KVV Member

As a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, I am going to say I'm not sure there has ever been anything quite is insulting as a franchise about chaste vampires. I mean, my God, the whole vampire "legend" is a sexual metaphor. It's like rewriting The Sopranos and Mad Men, but having Tony and Don Draper remain faithful to their wives.

Draft saved Draft deleted