1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you feel about Candace Parker's C-cup being referenced in this lede?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Mar 14, 2009.

1. micke77

micke77 Member

With all due respects to beautiful and bountiful Candace Parker, I am still thinking about Danica Patrick on the damn hood of that car in the SI swimsuit edition.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I was thinking that too, but wondering if they were now C and used to be B.

"be B"....ha, that reminds me of that South Park episode where BeBe got BBs and the boys went CC (coo-coo).

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

A little selfish? I think one commenter at the end summed it up perfectly - "This writer is an egotistical twat."

Which strongly suggests it didn't take "guts" to write it. More likely, it was an "I'll get an A for this" type of motivation.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

After coming to understand I may have misunderstood IJAG's sense of humor (I didn't recognize her all cheered up and stuff :) ), I'm going to try to redeem myself on this thread. I'm going to try to bring a different perspective.

[​IMG]

"Boobs."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

Bottom line for me: I was really surprised to read mention of cup size in ESPN The Mag.

I don't think it's needed. Oh well. To each their own.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Lost in this important debate over the relevance of Ms Parker's breasts is the fact that the story is just part of a larger section on women's sports. There's the Parker piece, a stat thing on women and sports (the standard ESPN graphics-gone-wild junk), and a really great story on the shocking number of concussions suffered by girls and women in sports.

As far as I can tell, the concussion story manages to make no reference to boobs.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

So there is no suggestion that the more well-endowed women are smacking themselves in the head when they run?

I keed, I keed. :D

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So she never gave herself one from running? That fact would've tied in nicely with the C Cup reference.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I dated a Double J. Seriously.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sadly, I cannot say truthfully that I have ever dated a Johnny Dangerously.

So, um, what are you doing tonight?

I really keed that time. ;D

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd hit it.[/spaceman]

Anyhoo, what really strikes me about this story is the persistent notion that some former Tennessee star is going to put the WNBA on the map (see Holdsclaw, Chamique). Hasn't happened, most likely will not. It will continue to be a niche sport. I guess one can see the C Cup reference as a statement that Parker isn't going to pull that club out of the marketing bag.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Biased how?

Draft saved Draft deleted