1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you feel about Candace Parker's C-cup being referenced in this lede?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Mar 14, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Then we'll agree to disagree. To me, it works within the story. You guys see C cups and suddenly breasts are all you can think of.

Fair enough.

2. I C cups and the cups see me...

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Actually, that seems very unfair, especially since there are women on this thread who didn't like the lede too. We're not in junior high. I can think of more than breasts right now and still discuss this topic.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

schmucks.

51 posts and not one mention that those puppies have turned into D cups thanks to her pregnancy? shame on all of you.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

As someone whose wife is pregnant right now, that is definitely one of the better parts.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Except the article isn't really about how she's such a great athlete. It's about her marketability. When talking in terms of marketability, physical attributes are relevant. It's sad but true.

I didn't find this piece to be Pulitzer-worthy or anything like that. But I didn't find it to be offensive or off-putting in anyway, either.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

IJAG - whether it's in a story on Candace Parker or not, yes.
    ;D

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Except it was a reference to what DD said.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"A saint in hightops."

Does anyone remember the MASH episode when Frank wrote copy for a unit film and described the doctors as "saints in surgical garb?"

For a magazine author, Glock is a great sitcom writer.

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I only got as far as this post, high on page 1, and haven't read the rest. Sorry if I missed anything crucial.
    But WFW.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That's one guy. You said guys, plural.

:)

But seriously, it doesn't seem fair to cite an example from one poster way back on the first page without labeling it as such and instead say "You guys." It's like getting someone to lean into the punch. If you meant DD, you should have said so instead of lumping other people into a comment directed at one person.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have nothing relevant to add. I just thought it was funny that in a thread kinda-sorta about breast size, there was a reference to a poster nicknamed "Double D." Carry on.

Draft saved Draft deleted