1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rose Bowl media food poisoning

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by write then drink, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I hope those guys paid for their meals so they didn't have a case of "conflict of interest shits."

Or maybe they had one of the hot dogs they usually serve in the Rose Bowl press box.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow. That's balls.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

They had it well before they got into the press box.

It was something they ate the evening before. Together.

No, I think they came up midway through the first quarter.

4. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Nobody paid, so here comes the reprimand. Laugh all you want, shotglass. If the reporters or photogs couldn't answer the call, THEY WILL BE BLAMED. It won't be the case everywhere, but some places will now demand no employees eat free meals.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You don't even have a place in this discussion, FredPack. This has nothing to do with the executives shitting on the workers, and it's your one card. Go away.

6. Fredrick

Shotglass you are officially over the line. Moderators, I seriously ask you to ban him. I've never been rude to him. All he does is ruin threads by criticizing Fredrick. This can't be good for board business. I challenge you to read his posts compared to mine. Mine deal with the topic; his often deal with me.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

He's posting in the third person! Can't you do something about THAT? ;D

8. silvercharm

silvercharm Member

C'mon, guys. Take your pissing match to the PM. Some of us want to know if something really happened with food poisoning and the Rose Bowl.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, really? You want to play it that way? Great.

Well, it was about 15 percent of our staff, so yeah, there was some food poisoning going around near us.

That's why I mentioned the photographer.

To which the point was brought up that newspaper executives suck.

YOU connect the fucking dots, silvercharm.

10. Fredrick

I said some newspaper executives will be upset the reporters/photogs/whomever ate free food. Bank on that. I did not say all. I am confident if the moderators read our posts they will see I've never attacked anybody and shotglass has specifically attacked Fredrick.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Uh-huh. Well, the executive of the photographer in question is shotglass' boss, too, Fredrick. And shotglass knows HIS boss a little better than you, and there will be no wrangling over free food at the Rose Bowl. And for that matter, you don't even know whether "free food" caused the food poisoning. You grabbed that on your own.

So shotglass guesses he's saying that you're flapping your gums over something you don't know about.

That's why shotglass calls you on bullshit.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

BYH figures that folks may get an approximation of what it feels like to have food poisoning by reading the twists and turns of this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.