1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Got his Master's in it and now teaching in my hometown at Long Beach State.

[​IMG]

http://extratv.com/2014/09/07/weird-science-star-ilan-mitchell-smith-where-is-he-now/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a bit of that. Not quite Pacino in Scent of a Woman, but it has that kind of feel to it.

I still liked it, but I'd have a hard time not liking any movie with Downey in it.

3. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

It was extremely underwhelming.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Gone Girl; read the book a couple of years ago, forgot many parts of it; really enjoyed the movie; very well done by Fincher; very faithful to novel; without giving anything away, both Affleck and Pike depict their characters very well. 2.5 hours did not seem that long at all.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The Misfits. It's all about the paddleball.

6. RonClements

The Equalizer was a blast. Denzel Washington is great as a former CIA agent bent on righting injustices. It's not a perfect film, but very entertaining.

7. RonClements

‎Birdman‬ is different than anything you'll see this year and that's a good thing. It's brilliantly acted with genuine funny moments.
    The music track to ‪‎Birdman‬ may annoy some but that might be the only thing you find wrong with the film. Keaton absolutely brought his dichotomous character to life and Edward Norton was his usual fabulous self.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Finally saw X-Men, Days of Future Past. Disapoointed somewhat. Not sure how the time line in this movie matched to other movies. Why wasn't Magneto executed for JFK rather than imprisoned?

Liked the Nixon in Watchmen better than this Nixon

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good question about Magneto. I got the impression that the evidence was somewhat shaky and they aren't quite sure what to do with mutants at that point.

As I understand the timeline, X-Men: First Class still happened as we saw it and the rest of the movies did not.

10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Went with the family to see "St. Vincent." I was a little apprehensive but I was pleasantly surprised. Bill Murray does a great job, especially later in the movie. Melissa McCarthy is good and takes a break from the Identity Theft/The Heat character. Nothing happens in the movie you won't see coming, but the cast does a great job with it.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Went to see The Judge this afternoon. Yes, it was overacted. Still decent.

12. RonClements

Just watched Snowpiercer and man, what a commentary on humanity. Well-made, great acting and thoroughly disturbing. And that ending, man, a lot to take from it.

Draft saved Draft deleted