1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

So much potential in the reboot of the Spidey series and it's just not there for me. I like the idea, direction, characters, but something just seems off. This Peter Parker hasn't learned anything. I feel there's no remorse for him like there was in the original. Hopefully the third is better.

2. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Saw an advanced screening of Annabelle last night.
    Annabelle has a couple of creepy, scary moments but it's really a boring 1:45 that feels like 2:30. Annabelle might make you jump twice, but you see one scene in the trailer. It's just not that scary.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Indy V is happening, members and moderators.

http://www.slashfilm.com/janusz-kaminski-indidna-jones-5/

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I felt the same way about 'The Conjuring.'

I admit I loved 'Dark Skies,' though. I've got a thing about alien abduction.

I also liked the 'Paranormal Activity' movies. Some great gags in there.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Anyone find anything positive to say about the new Nic Cage movie "Left Behind", I have yet to see one good thing written.

6. Key

Key Well-Known Member

"The Wolf of Wall St." - This is a really good movie for about 1:45. But, my god, it's fucking long. The phrase "crippled by overlength" has never been more apt.

I thought Jonah Hill was really good. Not a too role, sure, but it was the first movie where I wasn't thinking "Hey, that's Jonah Hill."

The movie certainly glorified the Wolf, but I thought the first half or so seemed to at least dance on the line of "wouldn't this be a fun life" and "isn't this guy an asshole." Then the last hour tried to make me feel sorry for him.

Still, this was far more fun and a far better movie than "American Hustle."

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Gone girl is utterly fantastic. I have the book but hadn't read it and, for that, I am grateful.

Movie is two and a half hours but flies by. Just really well done. Great score. Sharp writing. Great acting. Tyler Perry is a revelation.

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I agree in pretty much every sense. It was very well done. You know a movie scores when my wife and I talk about it all the way home and then some. I now, obviously, want to read the book.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Wife and I both read the book after Entertainment Weekly did a big spread on the movie a couple of months ago. Saw the movie last night.

Movie is very faithful to the book, almost in a "No Country For Old Men" way. Really enjoyed it.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

The screen play is by the author. Got to think she was going to do a pretty good job with it! Or at least keep it within her vision.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Bought our tickets for the VIP cinema Tuesday night. Have been waiting for "Gone Girl" for months!!!

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Hoping to catch a matinee of Gone Girl with the wife next weekend. Really looking forward to it. I thought it was interesting that Affleck delayed a directing project that he was already in pre-production because he couldn't miss out on being in this movie and working with Fincher.

Draft saved Draft deleted