1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Her on iTunes last night. Decided to watch it because I was coming across precious little else I hadn't seen. Straight-out weird concept, but I thought it was really good. Interesting study on human attachment. How long before Jonze does a sequel where the operating system is installed in the protagonist's car?

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

"Red Dawn"

Both versions. Haven't see the original in years, and never saw the remake until tonight. I enjoyed them both.

I also caught "The Day After" not long ago. I'm eyeball deep in Cold War 80s cinema.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

This Is Where I Leave You. Worth seeing. Funny. Jane Fonda and Jsaon Bateman are very good. The entire cast is winning. Liked Tina Fey

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's gotten terrible reviews, but my wife and I really enjoyed it. Some genuine laugh out loud moments.

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Just saw A Walk Among The Tombstones. Its trailer makes it look like a really, really dumb thriller. But while it's still only a thriller, it's really solidly done and beautifully shot.

6. Key

Key Well-Known Member

"The Drop" is a pretty good movie. Hardy is really good. I hadn't read the book, but my wife had. Not sure why they decided to change the location instead of the nationality of the thugs.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

At the risk of cliche', the book is a damn sight better. They didn't butcher it making the movie as badly as I was afraid they would, but they have to leave out so much... there are scenes and plot threads that just don't make much sense if you have not read it.

8. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I know it's not received great reviews, but we saw This Is Where I Leave You and enjoyed it. We found it funny and endearing. You'll have tears of laughter and sentiment.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Speaking of movies with Jason Bateman, I watched "Bad Words" last night. Pretty mean-spirited, but I enjoyed it overall. A lot of the humor made me cringe a little, but I was expecting that going in. Once I got the reveal about two-thirds of the movie, I started getting it and just waited for the hilarious result.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think Hopper played Shooter as kind of slouching/crouching most of the time -- he had been a loser at life for so long he couldn't stand up straight any more.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Hopper was 5-9, but Hackman's a big guy (6-2) and all the kids were former high school basketball players.

12. Finally saw Amazing Spider Man 2.
    I was disappointing to say the least.

Two and half hours long, for essentially one super villain?
    The kid who plays spider man does a great job. But that movies was entirely too long for a reboot.
    My kids kept saying the Rhino was in the movie. They saw it in the previews. He was .. for the last five minutes.
    Wasn't the Vulture in the extra clip from the first movie?

I think this is the worst of the Marvel Universe films.

Draft saved Draft deleted