1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Saw Obvious Child last night. It wasn't bad but had to be a classical case of critical overpraise. If you're going to do a comedy about abortion, going for a lot of cheap laffs probably isn't the best way.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There's a movie starring Natalie Portman of the same name and same quality, apparently. One of the worst movies I've seen in the past 10 years. Maybe "The Dream House" competes, but it's neck-and-neck.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The thing about this movie was, the cast had great chemistry. Diaz, Leslie Mann and Upton were cute together and seemed like they genuinely enjoyed being friends. Put the three of them into a movie with a decent script and I think it would have been a big hit.

The plot was just so derivative, predictable, unfunny and generally awful (complete with the obligatory piece-of-shit guy getting his comeuppance), it wasn't worth watching.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

great movie. I even bought it at the grocery store, used, for 4.99

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Killer Joe' - I liked it.

6. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Killer Joe is fantastic. An extremely messed up movie with an even more f-ed up ending, but a fantastic film. McConaughey, as of late, has been on a roll.

7. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty: While overall, it was a pretty stupid movie, it did have its endearing moments and the ending was fantastic. I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Finally got clear of all preseason football crap and I've invited my wofe to join me for a re-watch of "Guardians of the Galaxy." Not sure the last time I paid good money to see a first-run something again ... ever?

9. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Ghostbusters. Never gets old.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I saw "Pacific Rim" on DVD tonight, and afterward wondered what took me so long. A good big-budget update of those Japanese monster movies I used to watch on TV when I was a kid.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agreed. This movie far exceeded my expectations. It was really fun. Would have liked to see them battle in broad daylight a little more, but it was still really well done.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was disappointed in 'Pacific Rim,' and one of my complaints was that it was too dark. Not too dark in tone but actually too dark.

Draft saved Draft deleted