Author Topic: Doctor Detroit II: The Wrath Of Mom (or My Hotel Is Filled With Goons)  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Bubbler

• I've got beer
I'm in Detroit, specifically the Hyatt in Dearborn, and the shit has hit the fan.

The hotel has apparently been taken over by the cast of Fast & The Furious, DeGrassi, and any other manner of poser-ass frat-boy shit and apparently the subversive charms of a suburban Hyatt have the bitches run wild.

All I know is the hotel was overrun when I got back from my game and a quick beer at around 1 a.m. I was tuckered out, so I went to the room, spanked it, posted some shit on SJ and figured I'd hit the hay.

Not so fast. Some fucker pulled the alarm (for the second night in a row). I didn't move, I knew it was bullshit and it was.

What I didn't know is the alarm pull occurred when this poser's pimp ball got out of hand, at least according to the sub-Swingers dipshits in the room next to me. There was a full scale brawl, including some girl getting punched in the chops, and now the diaspora of can't-drink-yet are trying to avoid 5-0 in the halls of the Hyatt.

Sleeping is futile, so I went on the balcony to watch it all unfold. Cops are everywhere. It's pretty funny, but only because I'm not yet asleep myself. Some guy yelled for the whole hotel to hear, "WOULD YOU ASSHOLES SHUT THE FUCK UP! I HAVE A MEETING AT 5 A.M." Then slammed his door.

I am soooo getting my money back tomorrow morning.

Only in Detroit. (Hi Slappy!)  :D
The cerebral musicality of jazz mixed with the visceral groove of funk.

You came here with a mouse in a bottle and now you're the mouse.

You're wrong my Bubby. I don't know ass. My degree is in journalism with a minor in hard knocks, not assology.

Offline BYH

• IJAG (left), me (right)
Re: Doctor Detroit II: The Wrath Of Mom (or My Hotel Is Filled With Goons)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 12:37:05 AM »
Sounds like you're next door to Perennially Overrated's birthday party.

He probably turned your car over as you sat on the balcony.
Tragedy blows through your life like a tornado, uprooting everything, creating chaos. You wait for the dust to settle & then you choose. You can live in the wreckage & pretend it's still the mansion you remember. Or you can crawl from the rubble and slowly rebuild.--Veronica Mars

Offline mike311gd

• Kelly and Jessie who?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 12:54:38 AM »
That's awesome. I love watching idiots. It's like a self-reflection from afar.
"You will never know the touch of a woman." - Zeke12

Offline MartinEnigmatica

• AYHSMB
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 01:02:24 AM »
You're sure that's not a college dorm you're staying in?
"Liberty, the very opposite of ownership and control, cannot, then, result from political action, either at the polls or the barricades, but rather evolves out of attitude. If it results from anything, it may be levity." - Tom Robbins

Offline three_bags_full

• She is hard. But she is fair.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:09:04 AM »
Same thing happened to us in Nashville a couple of years ago. We were enjoying a nice, long weekend. Apparently the Sigma Chis were doing the same. Miserable.
I hate stupid people.

Offline slappy4428

• Deal with it.
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 06:16:19 AM »

Wouldn't THAT be something....

Also happened to me one year in Columbus covering a basketball game... apparently, the Inn on the Lane is popular...

Offline 2muchcoffeeman

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 07:31:38 AM »
No Kilpatrick involvement? I'm shocked.
I'm out.

Offline mustangj17

• Someone has it.
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 08:37:33 AM »
Hey the Hyatt is actually a really nice place, I had my high school prom there.

Bubbler, if you are still in town take these few notes:

Stay away from Fairlane Mall at night. Take Michigan avenue about a mile west of where you are staying at go to some of the bars....

Bailey's on the left hand side is probably the best in town and the Post, and the Double Olive are pretty awesome as well. There's also your traditional BDUBS right across the street. Oh yeah if you want to see the highest Arabic population outside the middle east, drive a mile or two east. When all the stores' signs are in different languages you will know you are in the right place.

Oh yeah last thing, hop on Evergreen, go about 1/2 mile north and check out the Henry Ford Estate its a pretty baller mansion as you could imagine.
"We are not the story. We are the story tellers."

Follow me on Twitter @gunnsh0w

Overrated

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »

Dude, I was too busy punching chicks in the face. That whore wants to badmouth Travis Fryman at MY party? I don't fucking think so, jack.

All in all, the party went well, though. I didn't know you were in town, Bubs. You'd have been on the VIP list with Magnum, P.I., Fennis Dembo and Cheddar Bob.

Overrated

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 12:35:54 PM »
Bailey's on the left hand side is probably the best in town and the Post, and the Double Olive are pretty awesome as well. There's also your traditional BDUBS right across the street. Oh yeah if you want to see the highest Arabic population outside the middle east, drive a mile or two east. When all the stores' signs are in different languages you will know you are in the right place.

I love the low-key double olive atmosphere. That's also where I met Eminem. And, by "met," I mean "grabbed his sack while in a crowd and scurried away."

Offline mustangj17

• Someone has it.
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 02:22:42 PM »

I love the low-key double olive atmosphere. That's also where I met Eminem. And, by "met," I mean "grabbed his sack while in a crowd and scurried away."

I would have said venue, but Paris Hilton had her Super Bowl party there two years ago which means you can herpes by just touching the door knobs.
"We are not the story. We are the story tellers."

Follow me on Twitter @gunnsh0w

Offline Tommy_Dreamer

• Stil Repping
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 02:29:32 PM »
I'm in Detroit, specifically the Hyatt in Dearborn, and the shit has hit the fan.

The hotel has apparently been taken over by the cast of Fast & The Furious, DeGrassi, and any other manner of poser-ass frat-boy shit and apparently the subversive charms of a suburban Hyatt have the bitches run wild.

All I know is the hotel was overrun when I got back from my game and a quick beer at around 1 a.m. I was tuckered out, so I went to the room, spanked it, posted some shit on SJ and figured I'd hit the hay.

Not so fast. Some fucker pulled the alarm (for the second night in a row). I didn't move, I knew it was bullshit and it was.

What I didn't know is the alarm pull occurred when this poser's pimp ball got out of hand, at least according to the sub-Swingers dipshits in the room next to me. There was a full scale brawl, including some girl getting punched in the chops, and now the diaspora of can't-drink-yet are trying to avoid 5-0 in the halls of the Hyatt.

Sleeping is futile, so I went on the balcony to watch it all unfold. Cops are everywhere. It's pretty funny, but only because I'm not yet asleep myself. Some guy yelled for the whole hotel to hear, "WOULD YOU ASSHOLES SHUT THE FUCK UP! I HAVE A MEETING AT 5 A.M." Then slammed his door.

I am soooo getting my money back tomorrow morning.

Only in Detroit. (Hi Slappy!)  :D

You should've went Akeem on them from Coming to America while onthe balcony.

Akeem: GOOD MORNING MY NEIGHBORS!
NY neighbor: FUCK YOU!
Akeem: YES, YES! FUCK YOU TOO!

That would have been so much scoreboard :D
You're the Michael Jordan of being a son of a bitch - Det. Marty Hart, HBO's True Detective