1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelance Sports Writer

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by DzinDNA.com, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DzinDNA.com

DzinDNA.com New Member

We need articles every week for Football (NFL, NCAA), Basketball (NBA, NCAA), and Baseball (MLB) seasons. Are you interested in one of these in particular?Our first choice would be to barter while we get started, but we are willing to pay for good articles. We don't have any subscriptions yet but our site should go live in July and we have three sales men lined up for the service. Do you have a range of cost per article? would it per article or by circulation? Are you open to trading for traffic to your blog? We would accept article you are already writing. I am new to this so I don't know where to start. I would like to see some of your work. I am very open to length of each article. I am guessing 500-600 words. As to subjects, I am looking for opinion about various teams/conferences. There are no real guidelines, the topic/sport/team would be up to you but subject to approval. I would want the topic to be current and relevant. Picks will be part of the newsletter provided by our handicappers. I am willing to give you full credit and copyright as well as a link to your blog. Eventually I would like to market our writer as an added benefit to our site, which gives us more credibility and you more traffic as well as income from the adwords on your blog. So, long term, this job can pay as much as you want it to.

Your sarcasm is touching. If you aren't serious please don't waste my time.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

You would like to see work? We would like to see English.

At least you understand the pay thing, though.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Trading for traffic to your blog...that's a new one for me.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'd like $100k per year please.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Why stop there? I'll take $101k, Bob Drew

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This job pays as much as I want it to eh?

How about $100,000 plus benefits and you've got yourself a deal.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea, good idea, people can't get that anywhere else.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

We are serious. that's why we wish YOU wouldn't waste OUR time, jackass.

9. Napolean23

Napolean23 Member

"So, long term, this job can pay as much as you want it to."

That's almost as good as "Traffic to Your Blog."

If by "Traffic to Your Blog" you mean one of your associates will be driving through traffic to the coffee shop at which I write my Blog to hand me a bag of money, then YES!!!

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Guys, guys, guys. Come on now.

If we can't be serious, we shouldn't waste the guys time. It's very valuable you know. I mean, he does have his own web site and all.

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Locked, on principle. I can only put up with so many "no pay but fill your resume!" startup Web site job offerings on this board. If you're going to bring that jive in here, at least make your ad readable and have a thick enough skin to handle the discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.