Journalism > Journalism topics only

TBL talks to Karen Crouse

<< < (14/34) > >>

Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!:

--- Quote from: Ace on March 06, 2008, 01:34:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: MMatt60 on March 06, 2008, 01:32:14 PM ---In almost every market that has an NFL team, Web traffic is driven by hard news about that team. That isn't the perfect gauge, but it tells you something.

--- End quote ---

If we went by web traffic, we'd have half our staff focusing on recruiting news and half-naked celebrities.

--- End quote ---

Dibs on the half-naked celeb beat!

Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!:

--- Quote from: Double Down on March 06, 2008, 02:49:15 PM ---If you get a chance, read through the debate that the commentors are having about whether or not they should be allowed to make mean, shitty comments about Crouse's physical appearance. It cuts right to the heart of why I can't understand why journalists are willing to do interviews with this blog.

TBL: It's is acceptable to comment on the physical appearance of all women, just not in this post!

Readers: Booooooooooooo!

TBL: Ok, it is not acceptable to comment on the physical appearance of any women!

Readers: Booooooooooooo!

TBL: Ok, Objectification for some women, email interviews and respect paid toothers!

Readers: Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (Wait a minute....) Booooooooooooo!

--- End quote ---

I thought that was funny too ... considering TBL starts every day by posting a photo of some hot starlet or female athlete.

When I read the interview my first thought: Countdown to her looks comments begin in .. ...

vivbernstein:
I have known Karen Crouse since her Orange County Register days. She is one of the nicest, least arrogant people I have ever met in this business.

By allowing the crap to be posted beneath the interview, The Big Lead has made clear to those of us who don't visit regularly that it is not a site to be taken seriously in this industry. I'd be surprised if another high profile female sports reporter grants an interview.

henryhenry:
who is The Big Lead and why is he or she anonymous?

at least on Deadspin you know it's Will Leitch.

what's the big secret - and what's the point?  why would someone as professional and talented as Crouse interview with a clandestine spook?

hate-d-mah-old-prepjob:
I don't work w/Karen on a day-to-day basis, but she parachuted in to cover the team I cover a few times last year, and I got a chance to get to know her a little bit. Arrogant? No way. She's actually very engaging and fun to talk to. The first time we spoke, she expressed surprise that one of the local beat guys would come speak to the "outsider". I love her work and from what little I know, she's a good person.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version