1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN looking for folks

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by JayFarrar, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Just don't move around when Berman is on the air.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

At 22k for 7 months, its probably not that tough to live on. Its obviously not what the casual observer would expect from ESPN, but for an entry level position it sounds pretty good.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

According to Larrbear:

If paid at the same rate for 12 months, not seven... it would work out to be 38,000 and change.

If you were kept on, and got a raise, it would be 44,000 and change, plus benefits.

But according to the original post it is 10.96 and hours x 40 hours a week x 52 weeks a year.

The yearly pay works out to 22, 796.

So the difference is night and day.

Larrbear, its seriously, 22k for seven months?

4. times38

times38 Member

Has anyone been on one of the stat gigs? and are they hiring full-time for that or not? I couldn't quite understand it (yes I'm stupid)

5. Larrbear

Larrbear Member

It's 22k for the year- not for seven months.

Sorry I didn't make that clear.

6. eroc

eroc New Member

hopefully not many people will apply. that way i can score a nice paid internship with ESPN. I'd love to write, but this will definitely look good on my resume, and no matter what you people say on here, it can't hurt to have that. I already have an ESPN The Magazine editor as a reference (he taught one of my classes in college) and so far I still haven't landed a job yet. Sent my resume in last week. Still haven't heard anything. Anyone else hear back yet?

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

applied three days ago, still havent heard back. Nor do I expect to.

8. FirstDown

FirstDown Guest

Does anyone know generally how difficult it is to land one of the statistics associate jobs? It seems like a lot of the discussion on this board has centered around the seven-month production job instead, or has it? Does anyone know about the stats jobs?

Thanks.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Was there any movement on these? It has been a long while.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're hired!

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah, didn't see that one coming. Seriously, anyone on here apply for one of these things and hear back?

12. Tenhut

Tenhut New Member

"on your resume" means less and less - moreso for many - with every breath you take.

Draft saved Draft deleted