1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Anyone catch the Kurt Angle vs. Yugi Nagata match on Spike just now? Caught it as I got home. A Japanese-style match - accordingly, fought in Japan.

Solid effort. Nagata broke out the crossface, which made me cringe.

2. The Japanese style of wrestling is no joke. I didn't watch the match tonight, but I've see the ROH vs. NOAH DVD and the style is something I enjoy. People who are brain washed by the WWE style could never appreciate it.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Caught that at work, actually, when a co-worker flipped it over in time for that match. Normally, I wouldn't think of watching that, but it was entertaining to watch.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

So isn't it great that Big Show's coming back? He has such an impressive repertoire.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's the thing. You used to have some guys who had just two moves, and punched all day long (i.e. Hogan), and then you had guys doing a variety (DiBiase, Henning). And some of them would do the same move in a match (like piledrivers).

Today, it seems like everyone does their own three moves and never mixes it up. Like Shawn Michaels. His matches have become somewhat repetitive. He does some punching and kicking, then gets beat up, then hits the flying forearm, does the nip up. Bodyslam, elbow off the top rope. Sweet Chin Music. Pin. Occasionally, the opponent throws something else in there.

7. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

He's also been doing a lot of get-face-wedged-between-someone's-knee-and-the-turnbuckle,-then-look-clinically-dead-for-90-seconds. I'm pretty sick of seeing him sell that move.

8. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Mr. Kennedy, on the other hand, seems to do something different almost every match.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Anyone have news on the Rumble? Havent been able to check results on my phone...

10. The Rumble is next Sunday.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Ah, ok. I thought it was tonight.

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Just an educated guess: The Undertaker will win his second straight Rumble.

Draft saved Draft deleted