1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Jeff Hardy can not be any more over than he is right now. While it would be nice to see the title on him, he doesn't need it. He has become the people's champ.

2. Are they seriously going to have this match tonight? Come on.

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The booking/writing continues to amaze me. And nobody is more to blame than Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

This sucks.

4. There was a column on WO.com today that was pretty interesting. Basically, the author presented major booking changes for WWE, TNA and some for UFC. Some of the highlights were eliminating house shows in favor or mini fan conventions to lessen the wrestlers' workload, have WWE and TNA do what UFC does and have these "infomercials" leading up to PPVs, and having your top wrestlers perform 3-4 times a year.

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=21832

5. HandsomeHarley

Yeah, I saw that. Had to laugh out loud when I saw the "wrestlers work 3-4 times a year" bit.

The guy made some sense, then shot himself in the balls with that crack.

Nobody is going to rise in anticipation at the thought of seeing HHH wrestle every three months. They'll just find a new hobby to waste their time and money on.

6. HandsomeHarley

This JBL over the top crap is getting old already.

Six sets of pyro, complete with balloons TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!? How many times did he get on his knees for Vince?

The guy was just boring before. Now he's instant channel changer.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

WTF is Hardy about to do?

OH FUCK!@!

8. HandsomeHarley

The midgets had me cracking up.

What saved the night, though, was Hardy's leap. That was a "holy shit!" mooment.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Holy fucking shit!

10. WTF?!?! Who else just saw what Jeff Hardy just did?

11. That's what I'm saying!

12. OK, based on these reactions, I'm eagerly awaiting firing up the tivo tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted